AOE-HD New to the scenario

UnknownFalconBR

Dec 1, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the scenario of aoe2hd.

I wonder if someone is able to help me in my first steps and learn more about the game and its strategies.

Thank you.

NetherlandsDirkjan

Known Member
Oct 19, 2014
Voobly
Dirkjan
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
You can do a lot by yourself really :D
Download recorded games from 2k+ steam players and look at their build order
Install voobly and wololokingdom mod and download games from aoczone and check build orders
Start by playing easy maps like black forest or michi, these maps are great to learn good unit compositions for later games
Playing against AI can help a lot for build orders
There is also always every moment of the day a good (or multiple good) players streaming so check them out
Ask stuff in twitch chat (well maybe not in vipers chat :D) as people are always willing to explain in my opinion
There is also a getting started guide on this website in 'articles and guides' as well as some other cool guides (on partrolling for instance).
Have fun!

UnknownFalconBR

Dec 1, 2017
Install voobly and wololokingdom mod and download games from aoczone and check build orders
Start by playing easy maps like black forest or michi, these maps are great to learn good unit compositions for later games
There is also always every moment of the day a good (or multiple good) players streaming so check them out
Ask stuff in twitch chat (well maybe not in vipers chat :D) as people are always willing to explain in my opinion
There is also a getting started guide on this website in 'articles and guides' as well as some other cool guides (on partrolling for instance).
Have fun!
Thank you! Can you tell me some great AOE2 players to watch games/streams?

UnknownNeAnder

Dec 15, 2017
Have fun!
Thank you! Can you tell me some great AOE2 players to watch games/streams?
I think slower players are easier for beginners to follow, DauT is not too fast for example.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
Saturday 13:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16
Saturday 15:00 (GMT +01:00)