kw1k
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
If Helene had zero game knowledge, then what do you have? Negative?
Helene wasn't the best caster but she did provide good insight to the game as well as knew the Chinese players and their play styles, which was her USP.
Putting a person down, that too someone like Helene who did so much for the community, just because you want to settle scores with someone else is purely disgusting.
But oh wait, It's kwik and that's what he does best.
OP to whom I actually replied was hypocritically criticize someone's else choice of T90 as best caster while citing Helene as best caster.

On Helene, did she work for community YES. Was she laborious YES. But was she a bright star NO. She wasn't entertaining, she did not have expert knowledge either. She was at best a monologues narrator eg Microsoft reader, who could speak fast and at length.

Gotta stay objective man.

Aland Islandskw1k000000

Well Known Pikeman
Feb 18, 2015
Voobly
kw1k
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
maybe you could have organized klavskis caster for the event.
I'm sure a bus ride ticket could've been enough too, much cheaper! ;D
Daily accommodation costs add up as well. Hotel, food etc for 12 days. Plus Nili has limited space as well and I think he has enough people.

May 29, 2018
That schedule really is amazing, I don't think Nili could have made a better decision in organizing the tournament. We should get some really good matches in the stage round as well as rested players for the finals, the latter maybe being the only issue with format in NAC1.

Great job as always!

AustraliaSocksyy

Halberdier
Nov 6, 2013
Australia
Voobly
Socksyy
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Those who remember DreaIVIs casting know the meaning of the word casting.

The casters are great, we can't allways get all what we want, however there are plenty of good options.
Still one of my all time favorite series to watch casting of is the bo 21 between Daut and Viper back in the day with DreaIVIs casting, such a pity he wasn't able to cast all the games but the games he did ... my god was it amazing!! For some reason I really liked the POV casting with fog of war and where you could not see any info of the other player...

FranceTriRem

Longswordman
Dec 13, 2015
France
It is your own "best caster ever" T90 who just yesterday said sth along the lines of "To have the balls to suggest that you know why I'm doing what I'm doing, it's ballsy" to a guy who made a statement as redundant as yours. Maybe you should listen to your fav caster!
I don't see anything to this reply to someone who came on stream with a passive aggressive comment just to create drama.

Uninformed people are always the loudest it seems. Sucks to live in this world I guess.

Last edited:

NorwayMoonspring

Nov 7, 2016
Voobly
Moonspring
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
NAC2 will be epic. I dont understand T90 at all, he will never have a cheaper vacation while doing what he loves. He might have his reasons tho. Im not mad at all tho.
I do understand KillerB but I am still really sad. Imo he is the best main caster. He has the voice, is not self centered, listens to his cocaster, knows the game good enough to follow the main strats and has the genuine suprise when a unordinairy strats takes place. Team him with Viper or Jordan and that right there is my 10/10 casting experience.
But that being sad, getting to listen to ornlu recently made me positive he will perform aswell. Memb is always something. I think he is perfect for nac2. I am hyped, team memb with Nili or someone who follows the greater picture and we can follow the whole game with the badaboom hypes.

TL:DR Without DauT NAC2 will fail.

PortugalMaSmOrRa

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2012
You need to be able to afford vacations when you are self employed. Doesn't matter if the vacations are all paid, there is a loss of income for not working for 12 days.
Precisely.
Some times I get the feeling a lot of people don't really know how real life works once you move out of your parents' home and have to pay for all your bills.
Adding to that, there's the fact Twitch doesn't give you any kind of social security whatsoever and the job itself is as precarious as it gets.

I for one am terribly disappointed T90 is not coming.
It's totally fine some of you don't like him as a Caster or you like someone else better, but from an objective stand point there's no denying it's a big blow to not have one of the biggest (the biggest?) AoE streamers in such an event.
And it seems to me as though the problem here is just a lack of compromise.

Would you change your mind about having T90 for just a few days if I offered to pay for his flight @Nili_AoE ?

And would you maybe find a middle ground and accept to stay for like 7 or 8 days as a compromise @T90Official ?

Finlandbuhanisson

Longswordman
May 29, 2015
Also, Americans are hard working ppl. They dont just take couple of weeks off for drinking whenever they feel like it, like most Europeans do. And their working days are usually longer, and they dont have 2 hour siestas in the middle of them, from which they might or might not return to work depending on how many aperitifs they had before lunch. We should respect the young mans diligence instead of criticizing.

NetherlandsiViktorius

Longswordman
May 9, 2014
The Netherlands
Also, Americans are hard working ppl. They dont just take couple of weeks off for drinking whenever they feel like it, like most Europeans do. And their working days are usually longer, and they dont have 2 hour siestas in the middle of them, from which they might or might not return to work depending on how many aperitifs they had before lunch. We should respect the young mans diligence instead of criticizing.
I literally do not know any European person that has the work ethic you describe and I know quite a few.

SpainMembTV

Two handed swordman
Bronze Supporter
Aug 17, 2011
www.twitch.tv

Since you put siesta i have to answer, i personally do not remember the last time i got siesta, here everyone can just decide what is worth or not, i been thinking alot if go or not, because is a big effort for me to go, i will be 2 weeks with my incomming to zero, and i have wife and 2 kids that will leave back, so plz stop doing comparisions that americans are hard workers and then Siesta guys are lazy, because you can accuse me from many things but not for not being a hard work guy.

My wife work from monday to saturday, with 1 ****ing day free and sometimes not even if is christmas she work 11 days in a row cuz sometimes work even in sunday, and 2-3 days at week she come back home at 23:00, and she get 20 min break in the whole day, so plz stop saying offensive things like that, stereotype is just crap. You guys know nothing about many countries and about many people.

Feb 16, 2016
Netherlands
www.reddit.com
Lol overgeneralization much

Nov 5, 2018
It's not just "Americans" who are hard working people. Some to South Asia/Indian subcontinent and you will likely find people more hardworking [sic] than americans.

I could say that European culture encourages family time and therefore people are able to take a couple of weeks off (perhaps American culture does not in the same way), but then I would be speaking biased crap like your post.

Frankly, trashing cultures should NOT have a place on this forum.

Nov 5, 2018
T90 is the best caster ever. Why nili dont want him for 4 days lol. probably he would like to get him out of his streams for a longer time...
T90 is a professional streamer so I understand why he doesn't want to compromise his job.There may be other reasons too since Nilli lives in a different continent.

As for streamers, here is my "OPINION"

1. Memb/Katsuni -- the Voobly official times. No one comes close to their chemistry and jokes (sometimes adult jokes of Katsuni)

2. Zack + KillerB -- Zack has that madly-in-love with AoE fan prosody and KillerB is best single caster hands down, so with Zak the combo is excellent.

3. Dave + (anyone) -- Dave is just OP with his well timed humour and I think he can cast with anyone and still be fun.

4. T90 -- I like his style but it can get monotonous sometimes.

5. Nilli -- not as good as some others at casting but from game knowledge POV, probably the best. I watch Nilli stream to learn about game strats and history.

Top15 caster/player (kappa) is Viper. Seriously though, from strat POV, I like to watch his occasional casting.

Last edited:

Finlandbuhanisson

Longswordman
May 29, 2015
I obviously should have put Kappa in the end or someting, but I thought it not necessary since I'm European myself. It was really not meant to be trashing of European culture but a tongue-in-cheek praise of the American one. But whatever, I'll get my coat.

Jun 10, 2012
For T90 and Zak it seems like purely their own decisions, so it's OK for me. A bit sad for Killer B not coming, but very happy for Turkman (I don't know much about Ornlu, I think I have only heard him casting once) and of course also very happy for BacT.
Turkman + Memb + Nili is an extremely good casting staff for a LAN event, so there is nothing to worry from my side.

I would like to go, but I can't plan ahead that far currently and I would need to go back in the evening, so leaving at 6-7 pm or so the latest, so I am not sure.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final
Saturday 11:30 (GMT +01:00)
new Chapter vs Australia
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
Saturday 13:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16