AOE-II My forward never works, please help.

UnknownCK_Wind_

Dec 18, 2010
Please tell me what I do wrong, I'm really angry because I sux this much...

Attachments

• General Advancing Chat Researches

• Version: AOC
      Duration: 00:25:06
      Avg. rating: N/A
      Map: Arabia
      View of: CK_Wind_
      Team 1
      potti
      Huns
      Team 2
      CK_Wind_
      Huns
    •   Feudal Castle Imperial
      potti 00:10:18 - -
      CK_Wind_ 00:10:39 - -
    • PREGAME CHAT
      <CK_Wind_> gl hf
      <potti> hf
      INGAME CHAT
      [00:24:59] <CK_Wind_> gg
      [00:25:03] <potti> gg
      [00:25:06] * CK_Wind_ resigned
    • potti
      CK_Wind_
      Time

HungaryRichard

Mar 13, 2010
It is nice too see that more and more "please tell me my faults" posts appears from everyday players. :smile: I will watch and try to say you something, but Im 16+ too. :smile:

edit:
I watched it. You did OK. At 22 mins, before the final battle you had a nice advantage. You had more pop (54 vs 42 or so) and better eco. You lost, because you were too impatient. You attacked him where he had two towers and lost your whole army. You should have tryed to attack him from different directions. When the enemy towers himself, you cannot attack him with feudal army. In this case hurry to castle. You will be faster, because mining stone and building towers slows him.

But it is an opinion of a 16+. Some pros should correct me. :smile:

UnknownFunito

May 23, 2008
Yeah you was still winning after that big mistake. I think you did that because u didnt got an alternative plan. When you fwd you always need a plan (attacking somewhere were enemy will always lose, or dont let him pick some resource, going castle with eco advantage.. etc) and you have to think also what enemy would do to prevent it for not letting him do that. Well, if you have good micro enemy walling your buildings doing stable its impossible... if not just do tower back, but never let enemy wall your barrack if he is doing stable. At start vs scouts you always have big advantage in vill+ army war, you will always win with equal or better micro. I also think 23 pop with 5 vills aint very good, it only works vs stable. I think you copy that from goodboy but even goodboy with his supermicro has lot of trouble if enemy do skirms before him and with more pop.

UnknownCK_Wind_

Dec 18, 2010
Thanks a lot, Richard and Funito! :smile:

To Richard: Yeah, I was really very impatient, haha! I was with strong sensation I was in disadvantage, but now you make me see I was in truth with advantage, what I confirm with rg! Thx,I will try to be more patient next games, it's just I love combat so much I was bored, haha, thanks :smile:.

To Funito: Yeah I copied it from jx_goodboy1 ^^. Thanks for the tips and the details you told me, very helpful, I will try to make it pop 21 next times and to make plan, and think more about what I can do when some scenarios happen, thanks :smile:.

UnknownBaDWay2Go

Mar 13, 2010
Well they covered some great points... but remember when doing a fwd the sneaky one (he did not know you went fwd) is very effective. His buildings happened to be nears yours and that just gave it away. Forcing you to have immediate contact and in front of his two hills. You placed your buildings in an obvious place so he did an immediate counter and placed a tower to wall ur buildings without struggle. Now the way you chose you have to fight to win and he sent u running back b/c he had so many villagers. I think you should have took the hill behind your range and rax; and tried to stop him from walling the back end, but ofc you had immediate contact... and that brings me to my point... Immediate contact fwds need very careful attention and good micro, whereas a sneaky fwd vs a player with open map doesn't really need much but an army to show up at the right time and do some damage and run.. if need be. Then switch to archers to properly slaughter villagers to death, quick and fast.

I think you were really set back building a range and rax again.... imagine u had three ranges to put to good use, and mining some gold 4 archers, you woulda gg'd him fast. Now considering the position you were in at minute 20.. you shoulda got 4 spears fast to accompany your skirms go to the right side of his map and press there...and stop him from getting stone, also you built stable and initially sent your scouts to fight a losing battle they were better off pressing him on his right side and stopping him from getting stone, but you insisted on going to his left which he walled off. He only had 4 villagers on wood at one point.... you can full fuedal economies like that and gg them fast. So you did enough damage on his right with that tower... you shoulda then focused on his left and stopping him from getting stone.. maybe you should mine stone at home and add some sneaky towers. You had the game though, gl!

Lastly when I say go to his right side you would have to go behind where he walled your buildings ^^

UnknownCK_Wind_

Dec 18, 2010
Thanks BaDWay2Go! Many very good points, thanks for it :smile:

PS: Right now I can't play in Voobly, I don't know why I get disconnected every 30 seconds, so I'm playing in brazilian irc server, my aim is to reach 17++ in huns war, thanks guys, I will keep training and maybe in future I can post some very hard win against very good player, thanks :smile:

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Road from 1.6k to 2k
Thursday 11:00 (GMT +02:00)
Daut's Road to 2k
ECL Europe East 4v4
Saturday 16:00 (GMT +02:00)
ECL Europe East 4v4 Finals
Weekend Smackdown