Hi everyone! I am pleased to announce that the prize pool has increased from $200 USD to $500 USD! This is in response to the amount of interest this tournament has gotten so far along with the large number of high-level players that have signed up! Registration closes on 24 March, so there is still time to join if you are interested.
Hello all! I am happy to announce a new, unique tournament featuring micro-only gameplay! Players will face off in prepared custom scenarios to see who is the best at head-to-head military combat! Please read below for rules, information, and direct links to appropriate sites. Best of luck!
kevz_aoe Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/kevz_aoe
kevz_aoe YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1JraVz5M64Sc6_6KBcdwXQ
Micro Masters Tournament Discord: https://discord.gg/4Nz3ccpcRS
Welcome to the Micro Masters tournament announcement page! This tournament is for intermediate (minimum elo of 1250) to high level (no maximum elo cap) players, looking to test their skills in a tournament where macro (villager production, resource management, etc.) is kept to the absolute minimum. How is this played? Players will face off in the popular scenario “Micro Mania” as well as T-West’s “Micro Wars” maps!
Micro Masters will feature 64 players facing off to earn part of the $200 USD prize pool. This 6-round tournament will take place over one month and will conclude on 25 APRIL 2021.
I will attempt to cast MOST matches on weekends. So please follow on Twitch for alerts when I go live! Additionally, I may post exceptional matches to YouTube.
Players will be seeded into the bracket from highest (1 seed) to lowest (64 seed). In order to ensure a competitive environment, seeding is decided based on 1v1 Random Map rank. These games are quite short compared to the standard AoE2 match. Expect a Best of 5 to only take about an hour.
Matches can be scheduled and played early if players know who their opponent is for the following round. Matches MUST NOT be played later than the allotted time slot for each round to ensure the tournament is not delayed. Some circumstances may arise where admins can grant a later play date. The timeframe for the tournament is listed below:
- WEEK 1 (ROUND OF 64): 26 March - 1 April; Played in a best of 3 format
- WEEK 2 (ROUND OF 32): 2 April - 8 April; Played in a best of 3 format
- WEEK 3 (ROUND OF 16): 9 April - 15 April; Played in a best of 5 format
- WEEK 4 (ROUND OF 8): 16 April - 22 April; Played in a best of 5 format
- WEEK 5 (ROUND OF 4 AND FINALS)
- ROUND OF 4: 23 April - 24 April; Played in a best of 7 format
- FINALS: 25 April; Played in a best of 7 format
- Join the discord: https://discord.gg/4Nz3ccpcRS
- Sign up in the “sign-ups” channel. To sign up, simply state your elo, and paste a link to your aoe2.net profile.
- Example-- “kevz elo: 1250, https://aoe2.net/#profile-283830”
- Read the rules
- Download the scenario mods in-game
- Download “Micro Mania”
- Download “Micro Wars (Alpha!)”
- Patiently wait for the bracket to be released on 24 MARCH
Every game 1 of each round will be played in the “Micro Mania” scenario. Consider “Micro Mania” to be the standard map for this tournament, much like Arabia is for a regular tournament.
The following maps will can be picked by losers:
- Castle Siege: Players start with Imperial age Hussar, Halbs, Hand Cannons, Rams, and Trebs. First player to lose their castle loses!
- Castle Warfare: Players fight in multiple rounds using Castle Age units.
- Galley Micro: This single round battle has players Galleys on a moderate sized pond.
- Imperial Conquest: Much like Castle Warfare, this scenario features Post-Imp armies.
- Regicide Khan: Players must keep their unique Hero unit safe while also managing the rest of their military!
- DauT Castle: Players must either build a castle within the flags, or defeat the enemy army!
- Xbow Timer: This 2 round mode features one player waiting for their mass of archers to upgrade to crossbows while the other player has a mass of feudal skirmishers.
- Fights only: This 10-round mode features a mix of military battles!
- Feudal Skirmishes: This mode features several rounds where players utilize Feudal Age military units.
When setting up a lobby for a match against your opponent, the scenario should default both players to specific civs. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR CIVILIZATION. Playing a game with a different civilization may break the match, or give a player an unfair advantage. Both players should select either the color Blue or the color Red so that the scenario can correctly assign units to them.
Upon completion of Game 1 (which should be played on “Micro Mania”) the loser can pick the next map to play on. Each player may ban one of the 9 maps, which should be verbally agreed upon and stated in the #scheduling channel of the discord server.
When the series is completed, post the recorded games into the #game-recs channel of the discord server, with the maximum number of games played that round posted. For example, if you 2-0 your opponent, please still post 3 recorded games in order to avoid spoiling the outcome. The winner is responsible for posting the matches, along with the score in text like this-- “Round of 32: ||kevz 2-0 player 2||”. This hides the final score to avoid spoilers. Admins will then update the tournament bracket.
Once you find out who your opponent is for the following round, feel free to schedule your match early if you would like. Simply state in the #game-recs and #scheduling channel which round you are playing in so you do not confuse admins.
Please ensure you have either a Venmo or PayPal account in order to receive payment. THIS IS THE ONLY PAYMENT I WILL OFFER.
- 1st place $150 USD
- 2nd place $50 USD