Master of the Axe - Frank War 1v1 Tournament

Franks.png
DM Gaming is proud to announce our latest tournament, the Master of the Axe 1v1 Deathmatch Tournament to be played on Voobly. Starting on the 17th March 2019 this double elimination Franks 1v1 Tournament is set to push players to their very limits! Signs Ups for the Master of the Axe have already begun and you can get your piece of the action by signing up at: dmgaming.net Using zone rules, players will battle it out to become the one true Master of the Axe!

Last edited:

Comments

United StatesOrnLu528

Well Known Pikeman
Nov 8, 2012
Washington, DC
Voobly
_OrnLu
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
So, I was never much of a DM guy (only watched a bit of the last DM tournament and a few DM games here and there), but from an outsider's perspective, I find the Zone rules really....weird....

I understand why Franks were the best civ in AoC DM and how it is somewhat analogous to RM Hunwars back in the day, but I honestly had no idea that these additional rules were a thing. I mean, if this is what DM players prefer/are accustomed to, that's totally fine, but can someone please explain to an ignorant wolf the point of Zone rules? (Treb limitations, no Siege Workshop units, and limited to 40 axemen)

SwedenSpaden

Halberdier
Nov 30, 2011
Voobly
Spaden
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
So, I was never much of a DM guy (only watched a bit of the last DM tournament and a few DM games here and there), but from an outsider's perspective, I find the Zone rules really....weird....

I understand why Franks were the best civ in AoC DM and how it is somewhat analogous to RM Hunwars back in the day, but I honestly had no idea that these additional rules were a thing. I mean, if this is what DM players prefer/are accustomed to, that's totally fine, but can someone please explain to an ignorant wolf the point of Zone rules? (Treb limitations, no Siege Workshop units, and limited to 40 axemen)
AoK DM civ*

The franks obsession stretches way back.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019

Hmm. AoC DM was all about huns, franks wars is a nostalgia thing from AoK.

Basically all of the competitive aoc dm players have stopped playing or migrated to RM permanently in the last few years or the top rm players (viper jordan riut fire) dont play dm either, so whats left presently is a mix of aok deathmatch players who used to be on GameRangers and a mix of HD deathmatch players who play 300 pop on steam. I think this tournament is for those players so they are probaby more than happy with those rules

Zone rules in AoK was because siege was OP, and axemans were way too strong (60 axes would rape 40 paladins in AoK). But these rules make no sense in AoC, because axemans are weak, trebs dont do as much damage and AoC has halberdiers, rendering mass paladins obsolete. But seeing as they have been playing the same thing for 20 years, foolish to believe this will change 111.

But good luck with tourney!

May 29, 2017
Chennai, India
Voobly
_srini_mama_
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
"Trebuchets must strictly be used to knock down buildings and battle other Trebuchets.
Attacking of other units with Trebuchets is strictly prohibited."

Every time I repair my trebs with vils in game, my vils get trebbed down.

Maybe this is my tournament to win kappa.

FinlandTempires

Mar 16, 2013
Finland
Funny that they showcase siege in trailer even if they are not allowed in tournament.

or does "Siege is not allowed. ( Onager, Heavy Scorpions, or Rams ) " mean only those mentioned so SO,siege rams, bombard cannons are allowed....?

Netherlandsnimanoe

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Jan 15, 2014
Funny that they showcase siege in trailer even if they are not allowed in tournament.

or does "Siege is not allowed. ( Onager, Heavy Scorpions, or Rams ) " mean only those mentioned so SO,siege rams, bombard cannons are allowed....?
It's Franks only so good luck getting SO and Siege Rams 11
Bombardcannons seem to be allowed tho

Unknownorangereaper

Aug 21, 2014
BTW, should the tournament be renamed to "Battle of 40 axes" :tongue:

But in all seriousness, good to see another tournament and GL to all DM players.
Will definitely tune is if its cast during sane hours.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Aspiring Experts SL Ro32
Tuesday 21:00 (GMT +01:00)
wAkKo vs OLADUSHEK
Hidden Cup 2 Qualification Final
Wednesday 22:00 (GMT +01:00)
Aspiring Experts GL Ro32
Friday 00:00 (GMT +01:00)