Master of the Axe - Frank War 1v1 Tournament

Franks.png
DM Gaming is proud to announce our latest tournament, the Master of the Axe 1v1 Deathmatch Tournament to be played on Voobly. Starting on the 17th March 2019 this double elimination Franks 1v1 Tournament is set to push players to their very limits! Signs Ups for the Master of the Axe have already begun and you can get your piece of the action by signing up at: dmgaming.net Using zone rules, players will battle it out to become the one true Master of the Axe!

Last edited:

Comments

Unknown_Andrew

Longswordman
Jan 2, 2013
Nice to see a DM tournament after a long time without one.

I really think RM players undersell DM and its importance to developing late game skills. I remember Viper, especially, use to talk about how much it helped him refine his late game when he got really good at DM. Would've thought that would encourage more RMers to try and get really good at it.

Austriateutonic_tanks

Two handed swordman
Mar 30, 2013
§4 - Zone Rules

• You can only have a maximum of 5 trebuchets at a time.
  • Trebuchets must strictly be used to knock down buildings and battle other Trebuchets. Attacking of other units with Trebuchets is strictly prohibited.
  • Siege is not allowed. ( Onager, Heavy Scorpions, or Rams )
  • Must fight with only 40 Axemen at a time.

May 9, 2014
The Netherlands
§4 - Zone Rules

• You can only have a maximum of 5 trebuchets at a time.
  • Trebuchets must strictly be used to knock down buildings and battle other Trebuchets. Attacking of other units with Trebuchets is strictly prohibited.
  • Siege is not allowed. ( Onager, Heavy Scorpions, or Rams )
  • Must fight with only 40 Axemen at a time.
Franks have bbc, but they are not mentioned between the brackets. Are they allowed or not?

edit: which expansion set will be used? AoK, AoC or AoC+ (WK)? (doesn't say anywhere or am I blind?_

Czech RepublicDraCoNT

Two handed swordman
Jan 5, 2016
You’re laughing, but imagine the micro when you have 60 axemen, you can only put 40 to fight and the next 20 are moving in 1 by 1 as supplies to keep fighting with exactly 40 axemen and all of that on fast speed.
I’d sign up with my 15x DM skill, try to force the games to go as long as possible, loose, rewatch the recs and if I’d ever see trebuchet killing unit, 6 trebs or 41 axemen fighting at the same time, I’d go for AWs. I’d have a good shot IMO.

May 9, 2014
The Netherlands
more interesting: How the hell is one supposed to make sure he doesnt have more than 40 axemen? In f**ing DM?
you can have more than 40 axes, but you just cant use more to fight (that is how I read the rule). Then remember, 40 is the maximum amount of units you can put in one control group, so it would be pretty easy to make sure you only use 40, e.g. only 1 ctrl group with axes in a fight.

DenmarkChrazini

Longswordman
Dec 31, 2013
Denmark
Voobly
Chrazini
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I don't understand how anyone is supposed to keep track of all these rules while playing a deathmatch game - but it's definitely different and I wish you good luck with the tournament.

Aug 8, 2010
Voobly
_Kilgrave
View profile
Ladder
DM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
you can have more than 40 axes, but you just cant use more to fight (that is how I read the rule). Then remember, 40 is the maximum amount of units you can put in one control group, so it would be pretty easy to make sure you only use 40, e.g. only 1 ctrl group with axes in a fight.
Yep, exactly.

NetherlandsQulala

Jan 20, 2016
i guess frank dm is like the old Hun rm ?

i doubt with these rules, any rm player will signup or will benefit the popularity for DM for newcommers.
but i hope it will be a big succes :wink:

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Bluewolf Showmatch ($10) Episode 2
Saturday 12:30 (GMT +01:00)
TheHappyBoar vs PaperHades
DeZu's showmatch $100 TheYo vs Lyx, full 7 games
Saturday 14:00 (GMT +01:00)
TheYo vs Lyx showmatch