Make scheduling easier?

Jul 10, 2012
Tournament after tournament, scheduling is an issue. Teams take forever to figure out a good time and they basically ignore what the other captain is saying. I would like to see survey or app technology used to streamline the scheduling process. What do you think? There are a lot of options here and it's really easy. Below is a super simple SurveyMonkey example that I made in 30 seconds. Each team can be sent something like this, and each player picks their preferred times. The results page will show the optimal time to play. Problem solved (ok, I'm sure there will still be problems, there always are, but basically most of the useless chatter between captains where one explains to the other that the proposed time is 3am for them will be done away with).

Example for Clan vs KBG:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YSFN6RY

Can something be done about scheduling?? With all the tech savvy people here, it's silly to have this back-and-forth, time consuming arguing over when to play. Or maybe it's not a problem for teams... and it's just annoying for me :shock:

SwedenSpaden

Halberdier
Nov 30, 2011
Voobly
Spaden
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
We have used something similiar to decide which time is best for RFR to play RTSl.

The reason we have difficulties in aoc is because of the timezones differences between americas, europe and asia. This is not an issue in other e-sports since they have leagues in respective continents.

Unknownx_kid_x

Jul 10, 2012
11 nice choice of teams for your example. Ra and Dog, 2.4k scheduling :lol:

Spaden, avoiding timezone issues is exactly why the use of technology to schedule times is a good idea. Are you missing the point? :roll:

It is a little entertaining to see the ridiculous "scheduling wars" but it's bad for tournaments and it wastes a lot of people's time.

SwedenSpaden

Halberdier
Nov 30, 2011
Voobly
Spaden
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
11 nice choice of teams for your example. Ra and Dog, 2.4k scheduling :lol:

Spaden, avoiding timezone issues is exactly why the use of technology to schedule times is a good idea. Are you missing the point? :roll:

It is a little entertaining to see the ridiculous "scheduling wars" but it's bad for tournaments and it wastes a lot of people's time.
Que?

I know this will make it easier, but the problem Will still be there.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 4v4
Monday 17:00 (GMT +01:00)
Group B: Team India vs PavPlebs
Improvement Cup 3v3
Monday 20:00 (GMT +01:00)
Group D: Team India vs Dars (recs)
Improvement Cup 3v3