Let's do a Thank You something for SY?

United Statespatao

Well Known Pikeman
Apr 2, 2016
It was really awesome of the SY community to raise the funds for Nations Cup, especially given that no Chinese team made it to the finals :| I think it's important that they know their effort was appreciated given that.

I don't have any great ideas, I'm bad at these things, but I think it would be cool if we English-speakers did something nice not just for the sponsor and Paladin but also all the Chinese "Carlini" "Cam_Zach" "ViperFan9999" etc. equivalents, whoever they are, in Paladin's stream that don't speak English but do so much to support the game. Kind of hard to buy them drinks or dinner over the internet :lol: Any ideas or thoughts? Thank you note, video, custom scenario, Aoe2 HD keys to give away (for WK mod), idk!

UnknownFeAge

Jul 19, 2008
I was thinking about making a t-shirt and using it at the finals, but the price is too high to make a single t-shirt so i gave up on the idea :cry:

BrazilBruZi

Well Known Pikeman
Jan 31, 2017
What they did was awesome indeed, chinese civilization deserves a unique tech called nations cup funding.

Seriously though, the "thank you" think is a beautiful initiative. A video seems doable if we get some good ideas for it. I remember seeing a video with recorded messages that people did for memb's birthday and it turned out quite nice.

Dec 11, 2012
www.youtube.com
Good initiative! I really enjoyed the birthday video compilations for Katsuni on VO and for Memb on his own channel. Imagine all active AoCZoners send a thank you message to a video editor and s*he composes a beautiful big thank you.

Franceedie

Champion
Monk
May 9, 2013
Im going china too and its been months im thinking of a gift i can give there to say thank you

PortugalMaSmOrRa

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2012
Fantastic idea patao!

Fijure said:
We could all say thank you in Chinese in a video for them.
This sounds like the best idea!

We could start the video with a message in Chinese reading something along these lines:

"Dear Chinese Community, in anticipation of the Grand Finals of what has been an absolutely spectacular tournament, there's something really important we want to tell you:"

Then we follow that with very short clips (5 seconds tops, maybe less) in rapid succession of everyone who wants to participate saying "Thank you" in Chinese. Of course we would need the video of someone (Helene? Yo?) actually saying it properly and we would need to try our best to replicate the words. Most of us will certainly fail miserably, but that will surely give them a good laugh. :lol:

If the big streamers help spread the word, I reckon we can gather a ridiculous amount of clips.

GermanyKing_Marv

Longswordman
May 27, 2016
Germany

United Statespatao

Well Known Pikeman
Apr 2, 2016
Fantastic idea patao!

Fijure said:

We could start the video with a message in Chinese reading something along these lines:

"Dear Chinese Community, in anticipation of the Grand Finals of what has been an absolutely spectacular tournament, there's something really important we want to tell you:"

Then we follow that with very short clips (5 seconds tops, maybe less) in rapid succession of everyone who wants to participate saying "Thank you" in Chinese. Of course we would need the video of someone (Helene? Yo?) actually saying it properly and we would need to try our best to replicate the words. Most of us will certainly fail miserably, but that will surely give them a good laugh. :lol:

If the big streamers help spread the word, I reckon we can gather a ridiculous amount of clips.
If Helene or Yo or someone was up for it, this would be good :lol: Also if anyone has ideas for a gift, we can donate and Edie and/or FeAge can buy/bring it :smile:

Australiarobo

Administrator
Staff member
Bronze Supporter
Dec 12, 2011
Australia
www.youtube.com
Fantastic idea patao!

Fijure said:

If Helene or Yo or someone was up for it, this would be good :lol: Also if anyone has ideas for a gift, we can donate and Edie and/or FeAge can buy/bring it :smile:
I sent a message to helene

PortugalMaSmOrRa

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2012
Well, first of all we would need to know if people agree with the idea...I'm terrible with ideas and I'm sure someone else will have a better one.

But if we do decide do go ahead with this, I think the first step should be to find someone with the know-how and time and generosity to edit the whole together into one video!

NetherlandsiViktorius

Longswordman
May 9, 2014
The Netherlands

Australiarobo

Administrator
Staff member
Bronze Supporter
Dec 12, 2011
Australia
www.youtube.com
Well, first of all we would need to know if people agree with the idea...I'm terrible with ideas and I'm sure someone else will have a better one.

But if we do decide do go ahead with this, I think the first step should be to find someone with the know-how and time and generosity to edit the whole together into one video!
It's an excellent idea. Nelson to the rescue again!

Asking around for editors atm

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
Saturday 13:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16
Saturday 15:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16