[KotD2] Official Announcement

kotd2-banner-1400x400-matt-salsa.png

Announcement
After the great success of King of the Desert and Battle of Africa, we are thrilled and proud to announce the next big tournament.
Together with Microsoft, we have managed to get a total prize pool of 15,800$, which will guarantee one of the most exciting and astounding tournaments in the history of Age of Empires.

King of the Desert 2 is the successor to the memorable tournament with the same name back in 2017, hosted by MembTV & Swissboyy. The tournament will feature 32 of the very best players in Age of Empires 2 – fighting over the span of five weeks.

To read all the rules and settings, click here.
Registrations is open and can be submitted here.

Watch live, on MembTV, as players battle and fight each other for complete domination in the extremely open and dangerous Arabian desert - Starting from the 31st of December all the way to the grand finale that will take place on the 3rd of February.

WHO WILL WIN?
WHO WILL BE THE NEXT KING OF THE DESERT?

Comments

SpainMembTV

Two handed swordman
Bronze Supporter
Aug 17, 2011
www.twitch.tv
If this true then it’s a big amount...
for example if Memb not admin and want to stream on YouTube, he need to pay $1213
Memb channel.png

i would have to pay 21.9 usd since 43,971 views in last 30 days, is 0.5 usd for each 1000 view.

Im hoping that people stop giving wrong information, was going to make a big post with alot more details but i have the feeling that no matter what i post or what information i give is useless, so i will just reply for post like this because was too much.

Don´t want to be a victim, but after kotd and boa, didn´t expect that a thread announcement from this one, was based just in this, honestly i think this is a great event and can be huge, help to make it huge instead of the opposite.

GermanyAthasos

Longswordman
Jul 8, 2017
Hessen, Germany
391$ doesn't seem like a lot, it could be indeed a little high if youtube doesn't pay good in latin america, but I hope mario or other (I think mario is the biggest) will contact memb if it is to much for them. In the end it's youtube and they can always cast the recorded games, after memb casted them, for free.
(I think youtube is less demanding for live content ...)

SpainMembTV

Two handed swordman
Bronze Supporter
Aug 17, 2011
www.twitch.tv
391$ doesn't seem like a lot, it could be indeed a little high if youtube doesn't pay good in latin america, but I hope mario or other (I think mario is the biggest) will contact memb if it is to much for them. In the end it's youtube and they can always cast the recorded games, after memb casted them, for free.
(I think youtube is less demanding for live content ...)
im in daily contact with him, and he will stream the tournament for spanish community, so the tournament will be cover in english by me and in spanish by him, at least.

Nov 5, 2018
im in daily contact with him, and he will stream the tournament for spanish community, so the tournament will be cover in english by me and in spanish by him, at least.
We are all excited for KOTD2, and hope for some crazy games.

The official announcement post should not have been used to discuss streaming charges but some people don't think that way.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017
Is the cost of subscription for a Latin American streamer different from 5 USD out of which approximately 2.5 USD goes to streamer and rest to twitch (in general but varies depends on your partner agreement).

Point is if Latin american streamers are earning in USD then there is no difference between EU streamer or LatAm streamer.
YouTube allow us to donate using our own money (CLP for me, and not USD), so there is actually a big difference

SpainMembTV

Two handed swordman
Bronze Supporter
Aug 17, 2011
www.twitch.tv
YouTube allow us to donate using our own money (CLP for me, and not USD), so there is actually a big difference
you can support the streamer directly via youtube, as you said, and you can support via streamlabs, directly to paypal, etc etc.. youtube chat is not the only way to support, you can ask to any streamer.

Argentina___Black___

May 29, 2017
Voobly
_BL4CK__
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Next step is making casters pay you for casting your rated games
:facepalm:i wondering if at least your mother takes you seriously when you talk .... I dont understand this type of opportunistic people who want to take advantage of the work of others :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
at least u sohuld appreciate that you are given the opportunity to play such a tournament. since your presence in this is irrelevant, the tournament will be great with or without you, same with voobly :laugh: and the same with streamers casting ur rated games or not ,they will be great anyway

Congrats @MembTV u are amazing man thx for this tournament! will be the best 1v1 tournament ever :clap::clap::clap:

Argentina___Black___

May 29, 2017
Voobly
_BL4CK__
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
@___Black___
i think you were in such a hurry to reply your angry post to MBL, that you forgot to check his second post only 2 posts below the one you replied to :wink:
nope , i have read his 2nd post (unfortunately), i replied the first post coz its not the first time that he post this kind of this
And tbf, voobly rly would not be ok without mbl, because even now theres constantly like 6 casters for every active 2.3k+ player, and hes by far the most active pro. Lobby simulator 24/7 might eventually lead to declining streamer incomes.
a streamer dont need pro players to be good :smile: In the history of AOC do you think that there arent 2.4k or 2.5k players who have left the game? there is a huge list, and yet the game kept standing and getting better with or without them

May 30, 2018
This is really heartbreaking because I obviously want to cast it, as it's an awesome event. But I'm in a unique situation where I can create content full-time and I take that situation seriously. I can't put my day to day life in jeopardy for a tournament regardless of how exciting it is for me
I know this situation has been resolved but this message comes across to me as T90 deeming it fine for other content creators to 'put their day to day life in jeopardy', or so to say where he benefits with 0% risk on his part compared with all the risk put on the tournament organisers. Memb should have stood his ground on the issue as the original rules seemed to be a fair compromise for all parties involved.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL SE Asia 1v1 MbL vs Zuppi
Tuesday 14:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 MbL vs Zuppi

Age Of Empires On Twitch

There are in total 31 streamers online
Click here for details
Age of Empires II 441 viewers