[KotD2] Official Announcement

kotd2-banner-1400x400-matt-salsa.png

Announcement
After the great success of King of the Desert and Battle of Africa, we are thrilled and proud to announce the next big tournament.
Together with Microsoft, we have managed to get a total prize pool of 15,800$, which will guarantee one of the most exciting and astounding tournaments in the history of Age of Empires.

King of the Desert 2 is the successor to the memorable tournament with the same name back in 2017, hosted by MembTV & Swissboyy. The tournament will feature 32 of the very best players in Age of Empires 2 – fighting over the span of five weeks.

To read all the rules and settings, click here.
Registrations is open and can be submitted here.

Watch live, on MembTV, as players battle and fight each other for complete domination in the extremely open and dangerous Arabian desert - Starting from the 31st of December all the way to the grand finale that will take place on the 3rd of February.

WHO WILL WIN?
WHO WILL BE THE NEXT KING OF THE DESERT?

Comments

Franceedie

Champion
Monk
May 9, 2013
Awesome memb, putting thausend and thausend $$ from your pocket to host aoc tournament, and some people still doubt your contribution for AoE, while you are one of most imoportant here! After kotd and boa, now 5k you put for KOTD2, amazing and congratz for making it with microsoft.
Can't wait to see the tournament start, i am sure it will be a huge success.
Semi and final with webcam live from the players Kreygasm
:clap:

UnknownCarlini8

Halberdier
Oct 22, 2016
United Kingdom
The biggest compliment that can be given here is you convinced a company on the way to becoming a trillion dollar company to donate to a 20 year old game. It shows how well your last two tournaments went and a massive congratulations is in order.

I also like the webcam addition, it just shows as a community we learn from other events such as NAC and it brings that level up across the board and is wonderful to see.

FranceTarsiz

Longswordman
Feb 27, 2017
Reykjavik
Awesome stuff, looking forward to it, and all the build up that will occur in the next few months with players grinding the 1v1 ladder to make the top 32 cut!
Streaming rules seem slightly too harsh.

Last edited:

NetherlandsQulala

Jan 20, 2016
looks like i cant leave my room in january and february, first kotd2 and then NAC2

great times for aoc,
i like the fact that till 8th place you get a nice amount of prize money

GermanyAthasos

Longswordman
Jul 8, 2017
Hessen, Germany
I am shocked by these news, in a good way 11.
It's great to see this happening and looking how competetive the top players are at the moment with ECL going on almost every week, we will get even better games than last KotD.
The level of play in HiddenCup was really great and it was a rather small tournament.
I can't wait to see the best 32 players training for this tournament and deliver us the best 1v1 tournament since 2015.
A big thank you to Memb and all others who are involved in this!!

Jul 18, 2018
So pretty much same as any recent tournament eg: T90 Hidden Cup, Nilli apartment cup
Nili will pay everything for the casters (T90, Memb) and invited them to cast during NAC2.
Everytime i hear all casters will work together but this dont happen in any point. Atm only nili is really exerted in this...

GermanyMichaerbse

Oct 14, 2017
Awesome stuff! Seems like there is currently no week without having to watch multiple tournament games.

- Webcam stuff is interesting, let's see how this works out.
- I think the streaming rules are OK - paying per subscriber is a good solution. $0.5 per subscriber may be a bit too much though. That's more than $1k for T90, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe a staggered fee would have been better.
- I dislike the "remaining civ" stuff for rounds 1-3. Lower seeded players will go all-in in the first round and may make a surprise beating a favourite, who is tactically picking civs. But then they have absolutely no chance in the next round anymore. In the other case, e.g. TheViper will go for Vietnamese, Teutons, Saracens, ... in the first round (yes, this is exaggerated) and may be even more unbeatable later on.
In short: potentially more excitement in the first round but way less excitement for rounds 2 and 3.
Also playing after your next opponent may give you the chance to pick civs based on his options for the next round. Somehow gives an incentive to schedule as late as possible.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL Middle East 3v3
Saturday 15:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL Middle East 3v3

Age Of Empires On Twitch

There are in total 22 streamers online
Click here for details
Age of Empires II 54 viewers