[KotD] Banner manipulation and much more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switzerlandswissboyy

Halberdier
Apr 29, 2012
VooblyOfficial's Twitch channel grabbed the KotD banner, removed the credit to the people that sponsored the event and used that for their out-of-game overlay.

Original banner: https://i.imgur.com/X33HtVP.png
VOD link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/201423203
Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/oHqAVpk.jpg

How to be a gentleman, as demonstrated by ZeroEmpires:
- mentioned who hosted and funded KotD at the start and in between games
- linked to other peoples streaming channels
- hosted Memb after he was done streaming

Norwaybuddy__1

Jul 30, 2016
Re: [KotD] Super disappointed...

Zeroempires did this perfectly and gave full credit to memb, swissboy and everone organizing, and encouraged his viewers to watch the games on membs channel even. This brings a way better message across, and shows respect and appreciation to the organizers, which ultimately is giving huge value to the community.

While I don't feel this is the biggest deal ever, I think small acts like this where you bring your baggage to take petty fights is really immature.

Maybe voobly official is trying to send some message across, but it can also be just a weird mistake with a weird explanation and they will pay their respects in the future.

If I was an organizer though and they keep acting like kids like this I would think to myself they can cry me a river and get on with my day lol.

UnknownCarlini8

Halberdier
Oct 22, 2016
United Kingdom

Copy the banner because you are too lazy to make your own - fine, it promotes the tournament while improving your stream.

But putting the effort in to remove Memb and supporters from the banner? Actively going out your way to remove the sponsor / sponsor group from the banner? That's low.

I very much like to believe do to others as you wish to be treated. When you go back to Membs cast of the NC he had SY banners all over the place. Basically every video had SY in it, he very much made sure if you watched his stream you were aware the tournament was sponsored by SY.

I guess this isn't really a drama post anyway given the VO channel is basically irrelevant now a days.

NetherlandsDirkjan

Known Member
Oct 19, 2014
Voobly
Dirkjan
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

To add to Carlinis post, does anyone know how many viewers VO had?
But yeah great job VO :?

GermanyKing_Marv

Longswordman
May 27, 2016
Germany

Was it the caster on voobly official or is it voobly official policy ?

Anyway if first they need to think about who they let cast in the future and if it's policy they should think about ethical behave in a community.

United KingdomFall

Halberdier
Jun 12, 2013
Voobly
Fallstar
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

It's also a twitch ToS violation, if the person who created the banner was to submit a report against that VOD.

NetherlandsDirkjan

Known Member
Oct 19, 2014
Voobly
Dirkjan
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

Maybe Voobly Offical themselfs can respond to this... the cutting of the banner might be done by one individual. If I would be part of VO I'd rather not have anything to do with this.
I checked the VOD though, 36 views if I'm correct?

GermanyJineapple

Well Known Pikeman
Oct 20, 2015
aoe2sheet.info
Voobly
JineappleAOE
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

Was it the caster on voobly official or is it voobly official policy ?

Anyway if first they need to think about who they let cast in the future and if it's policy they should think about ethical behave in a community.
Good question, Voobly != VooblyOfficial != VO caster. Both Katsuni and Genette have had fallouts with Memb and might have done that. Though, as Carlini pointed out, VO is pretty irrelevant nowadays anyway, and behaviour like this is part of that.

Germanychris_voobly

Administrator
Jul 23, 2016

The matter has been dealt with. Sorry for any inconvenience.

And yes, I agree with you guys. It's a simple copyright issue, you do not take someone else' work without giving credit. Also don't assume, that Voobly is doing that on purpose. It was a simple mistake by one of our volunteers. Our next stream will have the original banner.

Switzerlandbulletchen

Known Member
Sep 22, 2013

And yes, I agree with you guys. It's a simple copyright issue, you do not take someone else' work without giving credit. Also don't assume, that Voobly is doing that on purpose. It was a simple mistake by one of our volunteers. Our next stream will have the original banner.
way to kill drama... boring...

Jun 19, 2017
denmark

way to kill drama... boring...
that feel when people kill your topics for your irrelevant podcast Kappa

Switzerlandswissboyy

Halberdier
Apr 29, 2012

There never was a banner without Memb and supporters on there.
And must be one hell of an accident to crop and stretch the image perfectly to remove credits without noticing.

But whatever, made my point.

UnknownHearttt

Halberdier
Sep 5, 2015

Was there seriously a need to make this topic? Other than create drama, this does nothing that a simple message to the guys in charge wouldn't have done. I understand there's tension between organizers and the Voobly team due to past events, but a little more respect to the only platform that actually allows us to play AoC properly wouldn't hurt, atleast enough to try to clarify the situation before making it public on aoczone.

Unknownmogers87

Feb 26, 2017

Was there seriously a need to make this topic? Other than create drama, this does nothing that a simple message to the guys in charge wouldn't have done. I understand there's tension between organizers and the Voobly team due to past events, but a little more respect to the only platform that actually allows us to play AoC properly wouldn't hurt, atleast enough to try to clarify the situation before making it public on aoczone.
Public shaming is usually the fastest way to make people in the wrong to correct their actions. In many cases, change won't happen without this, e.g. waiting for politicians to hear your messages and fix something, instead of going to the press.

UnknownCutht

Aug 24, 2016

Thanks for bringing some reason into this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 3v3
Tuesday 19:00 (GMT +01:00)
CSPD vs USA (recs)
Improvement Cup 3v3
Wednesday 19:00 (GMT +01:00)