Hello everyone, and mid ELO masters specifically! I am proud to announce a new tournament under the name: Knights of the Empire. This is a 1v1 empire wars tournament focused around cavalry civilizations for players in the middle ELO range. It also comes with a healthy prize-pool of $300+ to hopefully motivate players to show their best game.
The resitrictions on sign-ups might seem a bit overly tight, but we want to ensure that everyone who enters feels like they have a real shot at this, and the matches are close, maximizing fun.
To sign-up for the tournament you do have to meet a few criteria:
- Don't have an account with a highest 1v1 RM ELO over 1600.
- Have a highest 1v1 RM ELO over 1300 on an account older than 3 months.
- Sign-up using your highest rated account, and have enough games played on it (50 in total + 10 in the sign-up period).
- And finally fill out the google form linked below before 8th October.
- Sign up link: Over here
The tournament will take place in the following timeframe:
- Sign-ups: - 8th October
- Seeding and bracket: 10th October
- Group stages R64, R32, R16: 11th October - 21st November (5 weeks)
- Semi-final, R8: 22nd November - 28th November (1 week)
- Final: 29th November - 5th December (1 week)
During the tournament scheduling can be done in the following ways:
- Preferred to do it on the discord server (invite link) using the dedicated room, so in case of something going badly admins can see the history.
- Exact same thing applies for scheduling on aoezone, using the subforum.
- Any other form is also acceptable though discouraged. Only do so in mutual agreement. In case of any hiccups we will evaluate the situation only looking at the aforementioned channels.
- If two players have difficulty scheduling it will be resolved on a case by case basis, but please be sure to keep an eye on both channels if you can! If either party seems unwilling, we will disqualify them.
$300 + stream donations
- $25 for 3rd and 4th place
- $75 for 2nd place
- the rest goes to 1st place
The exact maps, game settings, and allowed civilizations as well as the drafting information are in there.
Some of the more interesting points are:
- A limited civ pool focused, around cavalry civilizations.
- Unlike usual empire wars, the maps start with 4 farms.
- The exact method for civ and map drafting.
- The way to post the match results (use the match results subforum).
Brackets & seeding:
The tournament will be played in single-elimination format.
Link to the brackets: TBA
Seeding will be done by taking an average of the highest and current ELO then sorted into descending order.
Link to the seeding: TBA
This tournament will be hosted by a host of smaller streamers:
- Ndurrance (Who sponsored this whole tournament)
Streaming POVs is also an option but be sure to use at least a 90 sec delay. For casting it is preferred to have it casted by the people above, but if you wish to cast the tournament contact us. You can do so using the discord server. Alternatively you can go through me using aoezone or Salytmacska#8324 on discord.