King of the Hippo 6

King of the Hippo 6 is a tournament organized and sponsored by Nili_AoE.

All the games will be played as an 8-man-FFA king of the hill with WololoKingdoms.

The tournament will be held on the 22nd and 23th of September. And will be streamed by Nili_AoE with different co-casters.

There will be 8 qualifiers. The winner will get a spot in the finals, in which the winner will receive $200.

You can sign up for the qualifiers here.
The qualifiers will be split into low and high.
High means that the 8 highest players (RM-1v1 + RM-TG ratings) signed up will be able to participate.
Low means that the 8 lowest players (at least 70 games on account) signed up will be allowed to participate.
A player can only sign up for as many qualifiers as he/she wants but only play in one.

Schedule

• Saturday 12:30 GMT - Qualifier #1: low - Golden_Pit - Malay, Mayans, Persians, Malians,
  • Saturday 14:00 GMT - Qualifier #2: low - Amistad - Vikings, Goth, Mongols, Saracens,
  • Saturday 15:30 GMT - Qualifier #3: low - Water Nomad - Free Pick
  • Saturday 17:00 GMT - Qualifier #4: high - Relic Heaven - Franks, Aztecs, Teutons, Ethiopians, Khmer
  • Saturday 18:30 GMT - Qualifier #5: high - Nomad Regicide - Vietnamese, Turks, Incas, Slavs, Italians

• Sunday 14:00 GMT - Qualifier #6: low - Rift Islands - Huns, Saracens, Spanish, Magyars, Portuguese
  • Sunday 15:30 GMT - Qualifier #7: high - Gladiator - Japanese, Celts, Burmese, Berbers
  • Sunday 17:00 GMT - Qualifier #8: high - El_Dorado - Chinese, Indians, Byzantines, Koreans
  • Sunday 18:30 GMT - Grand Finals - Graveyards - Free Pick (No Repeat, order drawn randomly)
Amistad: migration with more res, more vils, no tc, a transporter
Relic Heaven: lots of relics in the center. starting with two scouts, a spear, a monk, a monastery
Gladiator: everyone spawns with 8 militia in the center

Map Download

Inbetween game Entertainment:
  • After Game1: DM vs robo
  • After Game2: QWOP
  • After Game3: Skribbl
  • After Game4:
  • After Game6:
  • After Game7:
  • After Game8: Surprise Show Match

Co-casters so far: (Q#1 - robo), (Q#2 - willworkforicecream), (Q#3 - DemEyesRed), (Q#4), (Q#5 - Ornlu), (Q#6 - Nobody41), (Q#7), (Q#8)

Game Settings

Game : King of the Hill
Map Style : Standard/Custom
Size : 8
Difficulty : Standard
Resources : Standard
Population : 200
Game Speed : Normal
Reveal Map : Normal
Starting Age : Standard

Team Together : [X] Yes
All techs : [ ] No
Allow Cheats : [ ] No
Lock Teams : [X] Yes
Lock Speed : [X] Yes
Record Game : [X] Yes
Multi Building Queue [MQ]
Hidden civ.
It's not allowed to trade.

It will be played with KOTH-Mod (included in the WK installer) giving the owner of the monument +1 wood/stone/gold/food per second.

General Rules

All players must respect the Tournament schedule and times for each round. Please don't attend a qualifier, if you don't have time at the Finals.

Every player must respect their opponent. Bad behavior (determined by staff) will result in a warning and may lead to an immediate disqualification.
This tournament values not only great skills, but also sportsmanship and fairness.
Any insult, racism or flaming will not be tolerated. Laming and mind games in game are allowed.

All players have agreed to the No Smurfing rule. Smurfing and account sharing is not allowed. Any discovery of the mentioned will result in a disqualification.

All the games will be streamed on http://www.twitch.tv/nili_aoe . Open streaming.

By signing up for the tournament you agree to have all your games streamed and casted by the official streaming team through using the Spectator Mode on Voobly.
The streams will always have a delay to avoid cheating, and no other persons are allowed to spectate your game besides the official streamers, or if persons are granted permission by the tournament administration for a valid reason.

New rules can be added and current rules can be changed. However, admins MUST inform the players about such changes.

Last edited:

Comments

NetherlandsAugustus

Feb 22, 2018
Franks
Voobly
Meiou
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
niliHype niliOhBoy so exciting! Thanks Nilli! Hopefully we will see some nice mastapieces and dautCastles!

Switzerlandpumukel

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 11, 2012
www.youtube.com
Wanted to check out the low maps (being on Mod: WK King of the Hippo), KOTH6_Amistad and KOTH6_goldenpit worked fine, on [email protected]_Nomad I couldn't make buildings. And I didn't find Rift Islands anywhere.

So I went to the WK installer and run it on Old Mods/Patches: KotH, based on 5.8.1 (b) -- now I can't even open a game on Voobly. Any ideas what went wrong?

GermanyJineapple

Known Member
Oct 20, 2015
aoe2sheet.info
Voobly
JineappleAOE
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Wanted to check out the low maps (being on Mod: WK King of the Hippo), KOTH6_Amistad and KOTH6_goldenpit worked fine, on [email protected]_Nomad I couldn't make buildings. And I didn't find Rift Islands anywhere.

So I went to the WK installer and run it on Old Mods/Patches: KotH, based on 5.8.1 (b) -- now I can't even open a game on Voobly. Any ideas what went wrong?
You probably installed the wrong mod - There is a "KOTH5" data mod, which was used in the previous tournament (and now is intended for rec viewing). The mod for the current one should be "King of the Hippo".
I believe there's also a bug connected with installing old data mods that require edits to the drs file, it looks like this can under some circumstances corrupt the base installation - So you might have to rerun the installer to get base WK to work again, then install the "King of the Hippo" mod based on that.

Indiak_the_foodie

Apr 24, 2014
Voobly
k_the_foodie
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
You probably installed the wrong mod - There is a "KOTH5" data mod, which was used in the previous tournament (and now is intended for rec viewing). The mod for the current one should be "King of the Hippo".
I believe there's also a bug connected with installing old data mods that require edits to the drs file, it looks like this can under some circumstances corrupt the base installation - So you might have to rerun the installer to get base WK to work again, then install the "King of the Hippo" mod based on that.
Thanks man. That helped.

United StatesShmolagin

Jun 14, 2014
Voobly
Thewildestmoose
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I can't get the mod to work. It installs with no errors, but loads a black screen for a second and crashes whenever I launch. I installed with a fresh downloads of 5.8.1.

United StatesShmolagin

Jun 14, 2014
Voobly
Thewildestmoose
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I can't get the mod to work. It installs with no errors, but loads a black screen for a second and crashes whenever I launch. I installed with a fresh downloads of 5.8.1.
Ok got it working by deleting all the files related to the old 5.7.4, re-running the base 5.8.1b WK installer, and then reinstalling KOTH6 mod. There must have been a corrupted file somewhere.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

NAC2 - Qualifier #1 - LBro12
Sunday 16:00 (GMT +02:00)
DauT vs RiskyDice
NAC2 - Qualifier #1 - LBro12
Sunday 16:00 (GMT +02:00)
ACCM vs Zuppi
NAC2 - Qualifier #1 - WB Semis