Interactive Build Order Guide

Sep 10, 2014
@Cicero I think you did an outstanding job, this is a great tool!
If you are ok with it, I would like to make a translated version by simply replacing the text and sounds but keeping all triggers the same. I could send you the German version for you to publish if you like or publish it myself and make clear that this is your work and that I just provide a translation. What do you think?

United KingdomCicero

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 9, 2017
Thanks @Sinapellido94 - I'd be very happy to see a translated version! I'm currently working on an update (will probably take a few days), so when that's done I can send you my script for the audio files. It'll probably be easier if I publish, since then I can keep it consistent with the English version if/when I make any future changes.
Also, it'd be much easier overall if we just translated the audio, since then the scenarios themselves would stay the same. (Especially for the Steam version, as I wouldn't even need to publish a separate mod - the game should pick the audio files matching your language/region.) I'm thinking it wouldn't make much difference since the text instructions are very basic, and are also covered by the audio instructions in any case.

Sep 10, 2014
Sounds good! What kind of changes are you making, are you tweaking the BO's themselves or is it more about polishing?

Also, it'd be much easier overall if we just translated the audio, since then the scenarios themselves would stay the same
So you are suggesting not to change the text instructions at all then?

Last edited:

United KingdomCicero

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 9, 2017
Sounds good! What kind of changes are you making, are you tweaking the BO's themselves or is it more about polishing?
Mainly, I want the three scouts builds to work with 21 pop as well. When I'm done, you'll be able to advance with either 21 or 22 pop with those builds, and the timing requirements will adjust accordingly. Other than that, it's mostly polishing.
So you are suggesting not to change the text instructions at all then?
Yes - I already have 4 versions of each scenario for Steam/Voobly + AoC/Expansions, so that's 40 scenarios to make changes to. If they were to be translated into more languages I could end up with 200+ scenarios to keep track of :s
The text instructions tend to be very basic like "6 on sheep", "4 on wood", and are only really there as a reminder since everything should be covered by the audio instructions. What do you think?

Sep 10, 2014
If they were to be translated into more languages I could end up with 200+ scenarios to keep track of
:o-o: yep that would be 1 or 2 too many probably^^

The text instructions tend to be very basic like "6 on sheep", "4 on wood", and are only really there as a reminder since everything should be covered by the audio instructions. What do you think?
Makes sense! I will provide the translated audio files then. If there would be high demand for a text translation too, we could still add that later anyways :smile:

Dec 30, 2018
Great!

Links to both versions are in the description. Btw, the Voobly version also now has some example recs for WololoKingdoms.
The problem is I still haven't managed to make wololo kingdoms work. I tried downloading straight from the game room. I tried downloading the zip and the exe and I also tried through the aeo2 tools. It's sad because I really like playing with the Incas.

United KingdomCicero

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 9, 2017
@Sinapellido94 - ok here's the script!
(Apparently, you can't use attachments in private convos, which is why I'm just posting this here.)

The filenames are given down the left - the files should be in .mp3 format (64 kbps should be fine). Let me know if you have any questions! There's no hurry, so just take as long as you need.
Btw, the filenames often won't match with those used in the current version. The next update probably won't be released for maybe another week or so - possibly with a new (English) voice...

Attachments

Sep 10, 2014
@Sinapellido94 - ok here's the script!
(Apparently, you can't use attachments in private convos, which is why I'm just posting this here.)

The filenames are given down the left - the files should be in .mp3 format (64 kbps should be fine). Let me know if you have any questions! There's no hurry, so just take as long as you need.
Btw, the filenames often won't match with those used in the current version. The next update probably won't be released for maybe another week or so - possibly with a new (English) voice...
Great, thanks! I will get on it. I would take some liberty in the translation and add stuff like only killing one sheep at a time and building houses in time to the script if it fits the timing. I think just stating in the Sheep line that houses need to be build every time the player is 2 pop away from max should help generally.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL SE Asia 1v1 JorDan vs Tim
Friday 12:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 JorDan vs Tim
Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final
Saturday 11:30 (GMT +01:00)
new Chapter vs Australia
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk