Interactive Build Order Guide

Oct 15, 2018
Current meta is man at arms forward with vills to tower. He means that if you would learn that, you wouldn't need any other build order since it's so hard to defend against.

Link, please?
ah ok cool. I didn't know that, but I always wondered how does one stop a man-at-arms into tower rush strategy

Oct 15, 2018
Thanks Rini - I didn't think tower builds in general would work so well in these formats, which is why I didn't make one. Having targets for building X number of towers in Y minutes just seemed a bit weird, and probably wouldn't be so helpful for people actually wanting to learn how to tower rush.

I did include a bo for [email protected] towers in my reference guide, and there's also a helpful video guide by St4rk. If you can do my tutorials you should be able to do [email protected] towers.
I understand. I just saw the PDF file and it's really cool. On the scout into archers/skirms/knights/full scouts section, perhaps add scout into fast castle/boom, that'd be really nice.
Obviously you can just keep making villagers, but having an optimal eco balance is very different than just doing whatever :P

Another suggestion would be having some sort of siege build, perhaps double siege into scorps that viper always seems to play lately. This is just a suggestion, no pressure!

United KingdomCicero

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 9, 2017
cicero will you update the builds in future :smile:?
I'm still updating them - I just uploaded some changes to both this and to my reference guide.
I understand. I just saw the PDF file and it's really cool. On the scout into archers/skirms/knights/full scouts section, perhaps add scout into fast castle/boom, that'd be really nice.
Obviously you can just keep making villagers, but having an optimal eco balance is very different than just doing whatever :P
Another suggestion would be having some sort of siege build, perhaps double siege into scorps that viper always seems to play lately. This is just a suggestion, no pressure!
In the most recent version of the PDF, the scouts into knights has now been replaced with a more generic scouts into castle age. You can just use the builds for FC - Boom/Knights a guideline for Scouts - Boom/Knights: for knights you want at least 6 on gold while advancing, whereas for booming you can just put pretty much everything that's not on farms on wood. (Full scouts is gone due to lack of space - its kind of obvious anyway that you just need a ton of farms.)
If I do another build it will probably be a basic water build but we'll see. If I see all the top players doing double siege scorps then maybe I will try to work out how to do that :P

Dec 30, 2018
Hi, I installed it on voobly and I set the single player mode with the interactive guide selected as a Mod, but I don't know what to make in order to play it, do I need the original steam bought game?

United KingdomHyunAOP

Longswordman
Nov 4, 2014
United Kingdom
Voobly
HYUNA__
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Might seem silly but can you at least make house reminders in dark age like 2-3 pop beforehand in dark age only then just one reminder in feudal like "don't forget to keep making houses"

Not sure if you recently added this in and it might seem like common sense but trust me if even viper gets housed at 15 pop you know something is up 11 but for real knowing when you make houses would be a good benchmark to add for at least dark age.

United KingdomCicero

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 9, 2017
I realise that the lack of house reminders can throw people off at first, but people should I think quickly figure it out that they are going to have to remember. I'd rather give players the freedom to incorporate houses into their BO however they prefer, and I also find it ends up being better practice for learning the habit of remembering to build houses.
With there being 10 scenarios it would get old pretty fast being told to remember to build houses for every single build, so I've not included these more general tips/reminders like building houses, keeping the TC working, etc., and have tried to keep the amount of instructions to a minimum.

I have actually written a script for a "Basic Feudal Build", which was to be an introduction to this collection. This would've been more on the level of Zac's guide, with more detailed instructions including reminders to keep the TC working, explanation of how to lure the boar, and house reminders - with the explanation that the rest of the series wouldn't include these reminders for when to build them. But it became clear that I would need a real person doing the voice-acting for it to work, so this idea has been shelved for now...

United KingdomCicero

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 9, 2017
Sounds like you didn't complete all the requirements - read the description page for the mod. (This also would've told you that these were scenarios!) Probably you either missed an upgrade, or you deleted some units for pop space.

Mar 31, 2018
Personally I feel that build guides should always include house timings because the purpose of a build is to replace thinking - a standard build is what you do when you don't know what to do. Otherwise the whole idea of build *orders* is useless (contrast build chaos). players who are regularly using their own timings for different actions and developing their builds at their own discretion are either advanced at the game, or total noobs. Builds are for people aspiring to mediocrity, so you should always add more detail.

United KingdomCicero

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 9, 2017
What are you trying to say about my build orders?! 11 (jk)
You always need to build houses at/by 13, 18 pop though - regardless of the build. It's not really 'thinking' so much as 'remembering', since there's no real decision making involved. Same with reminders for keeping the TC working, scouting, force dropping food... I've not included these since they always apply.
By keeping the instructions to a minimum I try to show that really there are only a relatively few key steps/numbers to be remembered when using build orders - the rest is just execution (which takes practice).

(Also, with all the different versions I have now, it would require adding probably about 200 triggers across the 40 scenarios to implement...)

PS
@charlesmagne II
It might be that you are not ready for these yet, but you could try with just practising the dark age portion of the build - you'll also get a grade pop up when you click Feudal.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018
What are you trying to say about my build orders?! 11 (jk)
You always need to build houses at/by 13, 18 pop though - regardless of the build. It's not really 'thinking' so much as 'remembering', since there's no real decision making involved. Same with reminders for keeping the TC working, scouting, force dropping food... I've not included these since they always apply.
By keeping the instructions to a minimum I try to show that really there are only a relatively few key steps/numbers to be remembered when using build orders - the rest is just execution (which takes practice).

(Also, with all the different versions I have now, it would require adding probably about 200 triggers across the 40 scenarios to implement...)

PS
@charlesmagne II
It might be that you are not ready for these yet, but you could try with just practising the dark age portion of the build - you'll also get a grade pop up when you click Feudal.
Thanks for the hint, I'm gonna do that. I agree with you about the houses, it would be too clogged to have house building reminders, also there's no exact moment for the houses apparently.
I'm trying the archers build double range. Which build order you consider the easiest?

United KingdomCicero

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 9, 2017
Which build order you consider the easiest?
I'd recommend (double-range) archers for a Feudal build, and Knights for a fast Castle build.
For the archers one, just practice the Dark age until you are getting Bs or higher, before moving onto the rest of the scenario. (You could also then save at, for example, the beginning of Feudal age to practice that bit several times.)

United KingdomCicero

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 9, 2017
Is it possible to add some tips at the end? You got an mark, but you dont know why. It would be nice to have more insight into the mark. Why did i get this (poor) mark?
I can't really diagnose what exactly you could have been done better via triggers - there are too many possibilities. The mod page explains how the grading system works - it's simply the time that you hit the benchmarks. The A+ timings are given in the "Scouts" section.
These scenarios aren't really designed for "newbies" though - really you need to have a good grasp of mechanics/hotkeys. If you do use them, maybe just start by practicing the dark age section of the build.

Aug 20, 2018
Hi Cicero, many thanks for the guide. The best I have got so far in any of the builds is a C! I understand that there are multiple triggers etc so saying why I am getting a C (but mostly E's or F's) etc isn't so easy.

But was wondering if you or any or the more skilled players could upload videos of themselves getting A+ or A, so myself and lesser player can review and see what we should be doing?

United KingdomCicero

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 9, 2017
But was wondering if you or any or the more skilled players could upload videos of themselves getting A+ or A, so myself and lesser player can review and see what we should be doing?
I included some A+ recs in the HD version, and I plan to make some for the Voobly mod also :smile:

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 3v3 WB Final
Sunday 02:00 (GMT +01:00)
CSPD vs Australia D
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16
Sunday 15:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16
ECL SE Asia 1v1 TaToH vs ReallyDiao