Improvement Cup

Start 2nd January

1545227154517.png

Hello everyone, :smile:

Tired of being 1600-2200, because there are no tournaments for you? This will change now.

The Improvement-Cup will give you the opportunity to participate with your friends/mates in two great tournaments, with a realistic chance to win it, because there is a skill-cap and Players above 2250 are not allowed to participate. The prize for the 4v4 winner-team will be Nicov giving you coaching sessions. The prize for the 3v3 winner team will be Tatoh giving you coaching sessions.
The coaching sessions will include 1v1 and teamgame coaching sessions. Each will get at least 1 hour individual 1v1 coaching+teamgame Coaching.

The two tournaments will be streamed by Tatoh, Nicov and Slam. :smile:

https://www.aoezone.net/forums/improvement-cup.1931/

https://www.aoezone.net/threads/4v4-improvement-cup.150134/
https://www.aoezone.net/threads/3v3-improvement-cup.150133/

Are you trying to make a team, but you need 1-2 more Players to complete it?
Post here: https://www.aoezone.net/threads/teams-searching-for-players.150173/

Do you want to play in the tournament, but you dont have a team yet?
Post here: https://www.aoezone.net/threads/player-searching-for-a-team.150174/

Last edited:

Comments

BelarusOLADUSHEK

Known Member
Mar 30, 2016
Belarus, Minsk
rusaoc.ru
Voobly
OLADUSHEK
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
3v3 and 4v4 tournaments will be at the same time? So players can't participate in 2 tournaments at the same time?

Also if our team have 7 players - we can only sign up 4 for 4v4 event?

UnknownEmpathy_

Aug 12, 2016
Hi

You can sign up for both tournaments. :smile:

They start both at the same time, but are separate tournaments.

So just make a Team for each Tournament.

Please dont sign up with more than 6 Players for the 4v4 Event and not with more than 4 Players for the 3v3 Event.

United StatesInfluenza

Two handed swordman
Jul 7, 2011
if you want to have a successful event, have just 1 of the two, just 3v3 or just 4v4. You will be much better off..

UnknownEmpathy_

Aug 12, 2016
That is definitely possible. But lets wait and see how many People sign up for which of the two.

Some People prefer 3v3, others 4v4.

And the Maps+Settings+Coaches as Prize are in both tournaments different. Some People prefer that, others the other one.

UnknownEmpathy_

Aug 12, 2016
Slight Change to the skill-cap rule:

We will take the average of your highest and current rating (wheter it is 1v1 or tg Rating).
If you abuse this rule (by lowering your current Rating in a visible way) your whole Team will be banned from the tournament and future tournaments as well.
Players and teams are responsible themselves to check out opponent teams.-->If you see that someone abuses this rule(by lowering there current Rating in a visible way) report him.
Players who are above 2250 voobly are not allowed to participate in the tournaments.

UnknownEmpathy_

Aug 12, 2016
Akeno read this:

This is a non open stream tournament. Casters/Streamers so far are Nicov and Tatoh.

and this:
The aims of this tournament are:

1.Give people a chance to participate in a Tournament, where they have a Chance to win and it is not only for high-rated players above 2k3+
2. I want to have equally strong Teams as close as possible, which means there is no way i allow three 2k2s to Team and then to face three 1600. This is more about finding mixed Teams who are equally strong
-->Problem with this: I have no clue how many active 1600s, 1700s, 1800s, 1900s, 2000s are here in this community, which makes it impossible for me to give the perfect Rating maximum and minimum for a team-->that is why
3. These two tournaments are a test for me to see, how many People are interested in such tournaments and how many teams are getting together.-->I hope to find 16 teams for both tournaments and for this reason i try to make a skill cap which applies to as many people as possible

4. I hope that the casters will enjoy the Tournament. That they can grow there communities with it and that the money they get(i pay them for the streaming) motivates them to Keep staying in aoe and to Keep going.That is why i hope Slam and Riut will join the tournament as streamers as well.

5. Most important :P I want to enjoy my own tournaments and i want the People who participate in it enjoy it.

GermanyAkeNo

Sep 18, 2016
Voobly
AkeNo
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Fair enough, so I guess no personal streams either. (a simple yes or no answer would've been fine as well but thx for the effort 11)

Finlandbuhanisson

Longswordman
May 29, 2015
Slight Change to the skill-cap rule:

We will take the average of your highest and current rating (wheter it is 1v1 or tg Rating).
To clarify, does this mean the average of two ratings, your highest ever and your highest currently (out of 1v1 and tg)? Or average of three ratings, highest ever, current 1v1 and current tg? Or does the participant choose whether to enter with current 1v1 or tg rating? I assume it's the first one, but it's still a bit ambiguous the way it is worded.

UnknownEmpathy_

Aug 12, 2016
It depends which of the two is your highest rating:

If for example your highest Peak rating was in 1v1, then we take the average of your 1v1 peak rating and your 1v1 current Rating.

If your highest peak rating is your tg rating, then we take the average of your tg peak rating and your current tg Rating.
(but the 2nd one would mostly apply to bf Players)

UnknownEmpathy_

Aug 12, 2016
For the group stage the teams will have 3 weeks time to play there 3 group stage matches.
-->more then enough time to find the time to schedule and play those group stage matches. :smile:
For each knockout round the Teams will have 1 week time to schedule and Play there match.

Jan 15, 2019
Zwolle
Voobly
Moonfaller
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
This is a non open stream tournament. Casters/Streamers so far are Nicov and Tatoh.

and this:

1.Give people a chance to participate in a Tournament, where they have a Chance to win and it is not only for high-rated players above 2k3+
2. I want to have equally strong Teams as close as possible, which means there is no way i allow three 2k2s to Team and then to face three 1600. This is more about finding mixed Teams who are equally strong
-->Problem with this: I have no clue how many active 1600s, 1700s, 1800s, 1900s, 2000s are here in this community, which makes it impossible for me to give the perfect Rating maximum and minimum for a team-->that is why
3. These two tournaments are a test for me to see, how many People are interested in such tournaments and how many teams are getting together.-->I hope to find 16 teams for both tournaments and for this reason i try to make a skill cap which applies to as many people as possible

4. I hope that the casters will enjoy the Tournament. That they can grow there communities with it and that the money they get(i pay them for the streaming) motivates them to Keep staying in aoe and to Keep going.That is why i hope Slam and Riut will join the tournament as streamers as well.

5. Most important :P I want to enjoy my own tournaments and i want the People who participate in it enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

People like you are what the community needs!

Aug 1, 2017
So disappointed I have been off AoEZone to avoid ECL spoilers and missed this! Hopefully something like this pops up again in the summer :smile:

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
So disappointed I have been off AoEZone to avoid ECL spoilers and missed this! Hopefully something like this pops up again in the summer :smile:
I think here on AoEZone you will hardly find ECL spoilers (unless you are a whole event behind of course), if you are concerned with spoilers in the short term it is more discord that you should avoid if anything

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final
Saturday 11:30 (GMT +01:00)
new Chapter vs Australia
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
Saturday 13:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16