Ideas for NAC2-Friday

Dec 3, 2018
Hi Nili!
Here some of my ideas

- 1 vs 1 playing without keyboard, mouse only
- 1 vs 1, same civs. There is an admin and every 5 or 10 minutes the admin specifies in which unit the players must switch now
- 1 vs 1 to win a game the player must get some cetrains achievements e.g.
600 kills, have 2000 stone in the bank and complete the whole tech tree
- 1 vs 1 the player is palying 2 min normal, 2 min blind (blindfolded or screen off)

Aug 25, 2018
I have an idea:
For the RBTV, I'd like to see a 5 player sudden death FFA. Where each player picks the civ of the person sitting on their right. I think it would be amusing to see players frontstabbing one another under the same roof.

Feb 5, 2017
Netherlands
Voobly
HenkDeSuperNerd
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
1-unit battle (there was a 'uno' tournament not long ago, i forgot the specifics)

Worst civ matchup. Pick the two worst civs, or allow the players to pick eachothers civs. Maybe also playing on one of the less popular standard maps? (salt march?)

Darkage deathmatch.

Capture the relic

Sudden death

Turbo random

50pop limit

Defend the wonder (test out how to make this balanced, i know that the defender has advantage. Maybe 3 RBTV players vs 1 pro?)

Ome of the more wonkey mods (cheese world, simpsons, zeus mod, moving buildings mod, jurassic park, zombie apocalyps, LotR) most are pretty hilarious/intereating altough scenarios on these mods can drag out, and some mods are a bit buggy.

Mar 14, 2018
I have an idea:
For the RBTV, I'd like to see a 5 player sudden death FFA. Where each player picks the civ of the person sitting on their right. I think it would be amusing to see players frontstabbing one another under the same roof.
Great idea! 6-man Sudden Death on a tiny map is always hilarious.

I would actually love to see a small Wonder Race competition :biggrin: Since it's a more peaceful Game-mode, you could combine it with other things, they have to do on the side or play it on an open map and allow laming.

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
- If possible, place the two computers next to each other, so that players can watch each others POVs to see what opponent might be doing

- make a mini tournament BO1, fast speed, short time limit (30 ingame minutes), probably no wall mod to prevent camping etc., only civs allowed are those that have not been used at NAC before

FranceTarsiz

Longswordman
Feb 27, 2017
Seattle
For the fun day I think an idea would be to test wacky settings that still enable players to be competitive. A lot of people in the community complain about the slow pace of the first 10-15 minutes of the game, maybe this would be the occasion to test some settings to fasten the early game and still offer chaotic, fun and high level games.

Some ideas (all 1v1):
- Pop limited to 50-75-100...
- Castle/Feudal age start with medium/high resources
- Fast speed, turbo?
- Additional villagers on start (doable with RMS)
- Map size smaller than tiny (achievable via some special version of Arabia maybe?)

Gaming format could be that two players play, winner stays and loser gives his spot. Since the games should be very quick most players would be able to play.

Feb 5, 2017
Netherlands
Voobly
HenkDeSuperNerd
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
- Map size smaller than tiny (achievable via some special version of Arabia maybe?)
I'd love to see such game.
It is achievable by making a scenario with custom size (example is the micromania scenario). But then it won't have random generated terrain (maybe it is possible to make a ZR-map from such a small scenario map, to still introduce random terrain/resources generation)

Alternatively a map design can be made similar to no-socotra (that african-style map which is a octoganl island surrounded by rocks). But then make this map more similar to arabia (terrain style, resource distribution etc) obviously some things must be tweeked (boar distance etc, so they won't spawn in each others bases).

Also, maybe it would be best to play such game with no wall/tower mod, or remove stonepiles from the map?

Feb 5, 2017
Netherlands
Voobly
HenkDeSuperNerd
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
other ideas for funday:
1v1 on the battleroyal maps (self-promotion)

or for the RBTV/funday:
random everything always delivers fun games, and can be played in many possible ways (king of the hill, capture the relic, etc) (again self-promotion :laugh:)

FranceTarsiz

Longswordman
Feb 27, 2017
Seattle
Yeah I was thinking something like that, a smaller (like 2/3) version of Arabia surrounded by unbuildable and unwalkable terrain (like deep water or something). I was thinking about towers too but I think if you start in castle age with high enough resources players can probably castle drop fast and/or drop siege workshop immediately and it would nerf the strength of trush.

AustraliaManu

Known Member
Mar 5, 2015
other ideas for funday:
1v1 on the battleroyal maps (self-promotion)

or for the RBTV/funday:
random everything always delivers fun games, and can be played in many possible ways (king of the hill, capture the relic, etc) (again self-promotion :laugh:)
Unfair Random everything ! (still salty 111)

Feb 15, 2013
Voobly
hauajoe
View profile
Ladder
RM - Beginners
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Make a map, that is mirrored (so the same ressource location for everyone) and play a mini tournament 1v1 arabia maybe even on explored.
so there's always the exact same map in every single game.

United StatesJoshuaR

Known Member
Oct 11, 2013
+1 for co op suggestions since we'll be able to listen in on the madness. But also think KotHippo matches or feudal/castle age starts would be fun, quick, and different. Capture the Relic games can also be interesting. Custom Scenario games might see the light of day.

Dec 21, 2018
A small micro tournament would be fun (not just Daut vs Larry). Shouldn't take too much time tho, maybe just like 3 scenarios each.

Dec 25, 2018
For the evening:I believe you will have the camera in the living room again & they will be able to watch the stream? You could divide all players into two teams and while they play 1v1 with an elected player, the others would need to solve riddles or something similar in order to unlock population space. Only when they have solved so many, their player would then be allowed to queue more units. If violated, the player would need to delete 5 units; if the answer is wrong as well, or so. That way everyone would be involved. Questions could either be about age or based on something like Tabu/hangman/...

ChileBowserlord

Known Member
Jul 18, 2018
"Hot-Seat" - Put Players in Teams (e.g. 3vs3) and they have to change e.g. every 5min.
Should be REALLY fun to watch!!!!

To make it more interesting, u can set an offset for on PC, so they dont change players at same times.

Dec 1, 2018
For fun day: Inverted-drafting
The players pick the civs that the opponent has to be play instead of picking the civs they want to play
--> we can see some of the civs that are usually not picked/played

B.t.w.: Thanks for already too days of entertaining AoE ... Just watched Viper vs. MbL ... so great

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final
Saturday 11:30 (GMT +01:00)
new Chapter vs Australia
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
Saturday 13:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16