Ideas for NAC2-Friday

ChileBowserlord

Known Member
Jul 18, 2018
Perhaps at RBTV, there could be a randomised identity round (i.e. all the names are "smurfs"), 6 player FFA (KoTH, or other settings if more interesting) and at the end, the casters have to guess which player was which.
there is no fun if u dont know who is playing... wtf?

GermanyFaultier321

Well Known Pikeman
Dec 28, 2016
Voobly
Faultier321
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Another 2v2v2 King of the hill with Tatoh and Marah trying to defend their title is a must. I dont care mixing up the other 2 teams though

United Nationsamazing_knight

Nov 20, 2017
If you need to kill more time, just make them play Forest Nothing Diplomacy with everyone as AoC Mayans (So no onager cut) at Normal Speed with face-cam so that we can see them Rage.

I mean why should they have all the fun! :cool:

Oct 27, 2017
Lublin
Hot seats!!!
3vs3, but players from one team have to switch seats, for example, every 7 minutes, or every time casters give such command. I would not even suggest names such as DauT, Sneak, MBL:D,
also, if casters see that there is kind of stalemate (because bf or something), they can order whole teams to change seats, and now after half an hour of game you have to destroy what you have built.

even 1vs1 would be funny if every member of the team has only a couple of minutes to play and then needs to step back.

Last edited:

Finlandbuhanisson

Longswordman
May 29, 2015
Make a deck of "challenge" cards, each of which describes a thing that the player must do as soon as possible, such as "make 3 monks", "upgrade your unique technology", "delete a tc", "dont use any ranged units for 5 minutes" etc. Some of them can be very minor like "build a siege workshop" and some big like "build a castle and then delete it". Play 1v1 games, and every 2 minutes or so the player who is in score lead gets a random challenge that he must perform.

United Nationsamazing_knight

Nov 20, 2017
@buhanisson suggestion reminds me of this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6n-Q2RCbP8
which was one of the funniest things I've seen.

It's basically a co-op game where 3 players are in control against a weaker player/AI and each has certain (sometimes conflicting) challenges which they have to complete in order to score more points.

It might be really fun to see something like 3 aM players or 3 Secret players vs Donnie on this!

Last edited:

UnknownDjungelMax

Feb 22, 2016
Mixed card games and AoE.
I'm going to give an exaple which could be modified based on rules (maybe no alcohol allowed), logistics etc.
My example:
3v3: Lets say: Viper, Bact, tatoh and Mbl vs Lierey, Nicov, Jordan and Daut.
BO7
1 player from each team for each game are playing the card game: Go Fish (used as an easy example, here is room for creativity) and for every pair of cards they collect they can pick from a set of punishments for one opposing player.
Some exmples of punishments: Take a shot, delet a house, build a mill, enemy 1 and enemy 2 switch computers (can be used a maximum of 2 times each game), chug a beer (can oly be used on the same player once a game), hand on heart and sing intro to your national anthem out loud, take off shirt, enemy 1 kiss enemy 2, hug nili and so on. Here there is also room for creativity!
Card players switch each game.
If the punishments come to slow and you want more action, a 2v2 setup would be better since you could have two pairs of card players punishing the enemies. Kappa

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018
1v1 caster round robin. tourney participants casting.
settings chosen 1) at random 2) by you/pros/casters themselves 3) viewer strawpoll

scenario speedrun contest
for example: siege of paris, or custom-made scenario by the community

1v1 wonder-race, tc-delete-contest or some mode rarely seen with pros

if the players would be up for it: 1v1 tandem mode. handicap: keyboard player blindfolded
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NetherlandsiViktorius

Longswordman
May 9, 2014
The Netherlands
Personally I was a big fan of the Let Your Teammate Die format from about a year ago where it was 3v3 without locked team locations.

Maybe do that with a BO5 or BO7 3v3 Showmatch aM vs Secret but each team has one player who is on the other squad.

2 secret & 1 aM -VS- 2 aM & 1 Secret
fyi: there are more players than just aM' and Secret players

Feb 15, 2013
Voobly
hauajoe
View profile
Ladder
RM - Beginners
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
choose randomly 3 players, for example jordan-mbl-bact
two of them, jordan(p1), mbl(p2) are playing arabia 1v1, bact is watching.
after 5/10 minutes they rotate so that bact(p1), jordan(p2) mbl watching.
after 5/10 minutes they rotate so that mbl(p1), bact(p2) jordan watching.
and again and again, until someone wins.

edit: maybe better add a 4th player in between, otherwise it would be easy for first p1 to be really bad and switch to p2.
p1-watching-p2-watching and rotate inside this scheme

GermanyAkeNo

Sep 18, 2016
Voobly
AkeNo
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I'd love to seesome casters playing and pros commentating on the game, too.

T90 vs memb for example would be hilarious (although t90 got pretty strong but it would still be entertaining imo!)

Netherlandsnimanoe

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Jan 15, 2014
I'd love to seesome casters playing and pros commentating on the game, too.

T90 vs memb for example would be hilarious (although t90 got pretty strong but it would still be entertaining imo!)
I think you're out of the loop, but T90 is not coming to NAC unfortunately

Mar 14, 2018
T90 won't be there though.

I'd suggest co-op-challenges. Like 3 People play the same colour against someone else (maybe one of the casters) and have to achieve things, the other should not notice. For example: One has to build a sneaky offensive market or whatever, the other has to build the farms in a certain shape and another one has to sell all the food on the market (I'm not good with coming up with these things, but you get the idea :biggrin:).

NetherlandsiViktorius

Longswordman
May 9, 2014
The Netherlands
T90 won't be there though.

I'd suggest co-op-challenges. Like 3 People play the same colour against someone else (maybe one of the casters) and have to achieve things, the other should not notice. For example: One has to build a sneaky offensive market or whatever, the other has to build the farms in a certain shape and another one has to sell all the food on the market (I'm not good with coming up with these things, but you get the idea :biggrin:).
player 1: sell as much food as possible in the market
player 2: make as many scouts as possible
player 3: make as little farms as possible

Watch as chaos ensues :thumbsup:

Apr 20, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
Well aware of who is and isn't going to this event so far. Brainstorming on what I believe is a fun idea for "Fun Friday" and what would be exciting for viewers and hopefully the players/casters. Other events for this day are also only including part of the players that are there, so it shouldn't be any more/less exclusionary then the other ones.

fyi: there are more players than just aM' and Secret players

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final
Saturday 11:30 (GMT +01:00)
new Chapter vs Australia
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
Saturday 13:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk