- Aug 7, 2014
The goal of HyperRandom is to provide a large amount of variation, while still making it reasonably fair, by providing the same variation for each player.
HyperRandom will generate layouts that seem similar to standard maps, but does so totally at random. There is no pack of maps that are chosen from; rather many different parameters are varied.
You can customize HyperRandom to your own preferences, by commenting or uncommenting definitions at the top of the script.
I provide several presets:
- ZN@HyperRandom has most of the random features enabled.
- ZN@HyperRandomFair tries to ensure that land distribution is balanced. If that if there is something in a corner, it will be in all corners.
- ZN@HyperRandomLand is only land maps
- ZN@HyperRandomLight disables a lot of randomization in an effort to provide an experience that might be more suitable for competitive gameplay, and more aligned with the standard maps. Resources and units are always standard and map layouts try to be balanced.
- ZN@HyperRandomX256 comes with the ability to research techs multiple times.
(DE mod) https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/829/
(HD mod) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1940139270
(AoKH download) https://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=13407 (includes all previous versions)
(AoE2Map download) https://aoe2map.net/map/39db0813-3550-40fa-8a8b-c0a074362066 (only the main version)
You can also head over to AoKH, where I have a more detailed project thread, explaining all the switches you can tweak:
Hope you enjoy this. Please do post any feedback, or bugs you encounter. I'm sure there is something I missed.