Help me with keyboard and mouse!

Brazilandreskbr

Jun 16, 2013
Hey guys, few months ago I bought a mouse + keyboard kit. The combo was very shit, but it turns out neither the mouse or the keyboard work properly anymore. Since the company only offers a 3 month warranty it was bought almosta semester ago, I have to buy a new one. So I'd like to know which mouse and keyboard I should(or shouldn't) choose, taking in mind that:
-I don't want to spend much money. For example, anything close to $100 dollars is out of question.
-No need of extra buttons, hypersensibility or any glamorous thing for Nutella gamers.
-It has to last. I don't want to buy a new kit in 6 months...
If you can give me some advice, feel free to answer. You might be helping someone else as well.

New ZealandTheSerpent_

Nov 11, 2014
I'd suggest not buying Razer products if you want quality that won't break and will last you many years. Me and my friends together have had about 4 Razer mice, all of which ended up breaking. They have a really nice design, but at the cost of build quality. I also have a Razer mechanical keyboard and one of the lights has broken already, after two months.

Brazilandreskbr

Jun 16, 2013
Thanks for helping, The Serpent! Does anybody know whether or not I should buy wireless products? I'm used to have both my mouse and keyboard wireless, I'm starting to wonder if it might be a reason they're not lasting.

ArgentinaImRiver

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 22, 2012
www.taringa.net
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
In my experience wireless equipment is not ideal for gaming. First because it's not as fast and second because it last way less! I have a normal keyboard that costed 10 U$D and is the best keyboard I've ever played with ( name is Feasso, idk if it's known or not)

New ZealandTheSerpent_

Nov 11, 2014
Had a quick look at cheap keyboards, and the Genius GX Scorpion K220 has good reviews and is very cheap. Not sure about mice, but I'd recommend Logitech + wired mouse, as River said

NetherlandsDirkjan

Oct 19, 2014
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I recently got a logitech prodigy, was 30 euro in Germany, has 2 extra buttons for the thumb and button to switch sensitivity (apperently ppl who play fps use it). Comes with software to change rgb lighting but can be easily switched off.
Extra buttons can be programmed with macros so you might get 2k4 arena very quickly Kappa
Im really happy with it though, can definitly recommend it

NetherlandsDirkjan

Oct 19, 2014
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
yep im pretty sure i have the same one! I just read OPs post again, I also like the mouse appart from the extra buttons. Its kinda heavy so nice to control
It didnt affect my elo in any positive way unfortunatly 11

Brazilandreskbr

Jun 16, 2013
I talked to a friend and regarding wire or wireless mouse and keyboard and he told me that, after some years of use, the signal sent to wireless products deteriorates and they no longer work properly. However, mine stopped working after few months. Then I asked him if it could be because of cheap material, he said it was a possibility. He recommended me a kit which is comfortable to use for playing, not expensive and that is sold in physical stories here in my city(the freight they charge here in Brazil is enormous, ****ing Correios...). It's obviously not close to be as good as those $200 gamer stuff, but it's enough for me. I intend to bring this topic back to life in some months with feedback, thanks everyone for helping :wink:

Unknownasdfasdfasdf1

Jul 13, 2017
some of the more expensive wireless gamer mice/keyboards have practically flawless wireless technology, they perform about as well as wired ones. the g403 wireless (though it does cost almost 2x the wired one) has even lower latency than some wired gaming mice like the Razer DA Chroma. Even CS pros started picking up wireless mice. The biggest downside atm is that wireless adds a little extra weight (g403 wireless is about 10 grams heavier than the wired one), but that shouldn't really matter much for AoC

I'm not sure if there are cheap mice with good wireless technology, but from experience with a ~30$ office wireless mouse performs very well for aoc.

Jul 9, 2012
My Razer mamba that i won from WiC atleast using wireless, it sometimes didnt register proper and even when it does that like once every 10minutes it is so annoying. Would never buy wireless mouse.

UnknownSoulAOC

Oct 22, 2017
Brazil
I have chinese Mantistek mechanical keyboard (R$180) and Motospeed V30 mouse (R$60) and they're pretty good. However, given what you asked for, I'd recommend stuff from Logitech since they have a very good warranty program.

Unknownasdfasdfasdf1

Jul 13, 2017
My Razer mamba that i won from WiC atleast using wireless, it sometimes didnt register proper and even when it does that like once every 10minutes it is so annoying. Would never buy wireless mouse.
Razer mice in general are very inconsistent and unreliable, I had button registering issues on my Razer Deathadder and the second one had double click problem. I would never buy a razer mouse myself.

there's nothing wrong with wireless technology itself though.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Road from 1.6k to 2k
Thursday 11:00 (GMT +02:00)
Daut's Road to 2k
ECL Europe East 4v4
Saturday 16:00 (GMT +02:00)
ECL Europe East 4v4 Finals
Weekend Smackdown