AOE-HD HD player stats

Jan 12, 2018
Hello guys,

I am new to the multiplayer aspect of the game - on some streams I saw that voobly has individual player statistics (games played, win/loss-ratio, maps and civs of the last games, last opponents, ...).
Is there any website or so on which similar stats for HD players? I think something like that can be very interesting, but could not find anything up to now...

Thank you for your help and best regards!!

NetherlandsQulala

Jan 20, 2016
http://aoe2pro.com/ this used to be the site i think, but it isnt active anymore,

if you care about rating etc and want to become good at it, just try to hit around 1800+ on HD, and then it will be easier to play on voobly in the new player lobby at a 1400 rating and then you can climb slowly :wink:

FinlandJeowaypoint

Known Member
Apr 13, 2016
http://aoe2hd.info/leaderboard/ The problem with Steam API is that you can only get any statistics from players whose profiles are set to Public, so not all players show in this site, but most do. Note that at the extremes of the "leaderboard" you'll find trolls who have just edited their elo to whichever value they wish (this isn't hard, and perfectly possible), not to mention there's an exploit to gain HD-elo by desyncing the game, so the actual 'ratings' hold little to no accurate meaning whatsoever, from a competitive point of view.

You can, however, use that site for a field of comparison between players you know have legitimate statistics.

Another thing you can do, is to use http://www.aoe2.net/ with your Steam account to both view games, join lobbies, but above all there's a Game History tab which logs every game you play (IIRC, even for those games that have no recorded game -option enabled), which in turn allows you to find Steam Profiles of everyone you've played with or against. These profiles, if Public, can then be searched on the aforementioned site if you wish to do so.

GermanyKing_Marv

Longswordman
May 27, 2016
Germany
also these ratings are not accurate because for example i wasnt playing there for 2 months and i am shown on place 81 with 2180 but actually i have 2250 and it didnt change for a long time. So you cant be sure how often they are updated. Seems not a lot 11

Jan 12, 2018
Thanks for all these fast answers!! =)
So I guess voobly offers the better platform for player stats - I find it interesting to be able to see my last opponents etc., against which elos I was able to win/loose, and so son. So this is a plus for voobly...

Yesterday evening I tried to install voobly and succeeded partially, could play a first game - I like the possibility to select games from a new player lobby - and that you can see additionally to the rating of a player how many games he won/lost.
From the two or three 1v1's I played on HD and voobly (so I guess not many enough to be representative) I also got the impression that with voobly starting elo of 1200 it is much easier to find equal unexperienced opponents (in the npl) than on HD with 1600 starting elo... But well maybe I only was unlucky/lucky with those particular opponents I got :D

On the other hand I find it not too easy to install voobly-stuff - until now I was to stupid to install wololo-kingdoms...
But well, I guess today I will find a way and go on to test out if I prefer voobly or HD =)

United StatesJoshuaR

Known Member
Oct 11, 2013
My favorite part about voobly is going to the match result on voobly.com and reading the opponents' in-game chat afterward. I love to read the salt. But it's also interesting just to see how much better they might have communicated with one another, or just look at the research up-times to better understand their team strategy.

NetherlandsDirkjan

Known Member
Oct 19, 2014
Voobly
Dirkjan
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
with 18xx you should be fine in medievel siege lobby for 14xx-15xx bf games, and there are also frequently 1v1s hosted for 14xx, but most of them only arabia
Take into account that the people get kicked from beginner lobby very often, based on number of games played i guess?

Jan 12, 2018
Thanks for the welcome, I am excited! =)

@MalignantMet
Well, I am not really interested in getting my opponent salty...:D But the later things you mentioned are definitely very intersting - a big plus for voobly that you can have these insights!! =)

@Dirkjan
Ah okay so you are only allowed to play a certain number of games or until you reach a certain elo in the voobly beginner lobby? I guess this is just fair and great for new players like me, that I can be sure to play only versus players which are equally inexperienced as me in the online game^^

NetherlandsDirkjan

Known Member
Oct 19, 2014
Voobly
Dirkjan
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
the system changed about 2 years ago i think. Before there were ppl with 2k games in NPL 11. Now players get banned from NPL frequently, but I switched long ago so dont know how it works. Anyway, medievel siege became much more noob friendly with 13xx 1v1 games and 13xx bf games and so.

United StatesJoshuaR

Known Member
Oct 11, 2013
Once you pass ~1400 or play a certain amount of games in MS you get banned from NPL. Start in NPL, and if you're just dominating, then move to MS.

It's not so much the salt as just entertainment... Things like:
"These guys should be 17++." "No they are all 15++ and one 14++" "Smurfs?" "They have games in NPL."

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
Saturday 13:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16
Saturday 15:00 (GMT +01:00)