AOE-II HD MQ better than UP MQ?

MyanmarTuang

Aug 17, 2016
In HD, you don't need to hold Shift key if you want to create a single unit evenly among multiple building. For example, if I number and select 3 production buildings #5, hitting 5www will create 1 units each on 3 buildings. And if you hit 5www www, it'll create 2 units each on 3 buildings etc...But with UP, if I hit 5www, it'll create 3 units on only 1 building. Is it possible to do the same on UP?
Edit : MQ was selected for UP also.

Last edited:

United StatesT-West

Well Known Pikeman
Feb 2, 2014
Voobly
TWest
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
In the lobby there is a button you press to toggle the behavior of queuing from multiple buildings.
SQ means units queue up from one building, even if multiple are selected. MQ means units get distributed among multiple buildings.

And UP 1.5 actually includes some more features/bug fixes that make its MQ feature work better than HD's. On HD, if you select a group of buildings, but one of them is under construction or is researching a technology, then you won't be able to queue units. In UP 1.5 you still can queue in these situations.

MyanmarTuang

Aug 17, 2016
You probably had SQ on when testing this. UP has nothing to do with that.
In the lobby there is a button you press to toggle the behavior of queuing from multiple buildings.
SQ means units queue up from one building, even if multiple are selected. MQ means units get distributed among multiple buildings.
No, I selected MQ in UP. If I want tot distributed among buildings, I need to press Shift.

And UP 1.5 actually includes some more features/bug fixes that make its MQ feature work better than HD's. On HD, if you select a group of buildings, but one of them is under construction or is researching a technology, then you won't be able to queue units. In UP 1.5 you still can queue in these situations.
Yes, that's a plus.

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
No, I selected MQ in UP. If I want tot distributed among buildings, I need to press Shift.
Did you select in the lobby as well or just in voobly? The selection in voobly only changes your default setting when you’re host, but doesn’t influence other games.

Otherwise what your describing sounds like a really strange bug

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

DERAC - Quarterfinal #1
Friday 17:00 (GMT +01:00)
Tim vs BacT
DERAC - Quarterfinal #2
Friday 18:30 (GMT +01:00)
Vivi vs JonSlow