AOE-HD HD is kinda lonely/dead

Feb 23, 2018
Recently getting back into aoe2, bought HD and expansions. Looking at steamcharts, game peaks 15k pretty consistently, but seems like most of those people are in single player or not the USA? When I select "regional" I sometimes only see like 5-6 lobbies, often not the game mode I want to play (1v1 rm).

That being said, I generally get someone to join my lobby in an ok amount of time.

I tried some team games to make it a bit less lonely feeling but you really can't depend on people at my rank to not just quit the second things start going wrong...

Feb 23, 2018
yea aoe2 is pretty dead no matter where u play because everyone is playing different maps/modes etc.
there people that play only 1v1, there people playing just for fun, there people playing only Diplomacy, people only playing DM etc etc etc and we just dont got the playerbase for that many modes.
if u try to find people who play the game the same way as u do, gl u will only eat shit for that just as i did.

Feb 12, 2018
Niger
I think it's astonishingly alive for such and old and complex game. Just look at this new and updated forum. The problem i've found is that everyone hates losing so most people are just looking for that easy stomp to artificially increase their EGO. Oops, I meant ELO of course.

FranceTriRem

Longswordman
Dec 13, 2015
France
yea aoe2 is pretty dead no matter where u play because everyone is playing different maps/modes etc.
there people that play only 1v1, there people playing just for fun, there people playing only Diplomacy, people only playing DM etc etc etc and we just dont got the playerbase for that many modes.
if u try to find people who play the game the same way as u do, gl u will only eat shit for that just as i did.
AoE2 is dead but breaking all times numbers in players and viewers on Twitch ? Interesting...

Feb 23, 2018
exactly, aoe2 is dead even tho it breaks all numbers and the reason is in my comment above - there to many different ways to play aoe2 and for this many different ways the playerbase is still Way to low.
if u dont beleive me search players for any mode u wanna play and i guarantee u - u wont find many people.
on top of that fact comes the rating - u dont only need to find people that play the game the same way u do but u need people around ur rating aswell which makes it even worse.
i could list more things like most players play this game for many years which makes it hard to get started or get better but i guess u get the point.

Feb 12, 2018
Niger
there to many different ways to play aoe2 and for this many different ways the playerbase is still Way to low.

Have you ever considered that this might actually be the reason the game is still has so many active players? If people don't enjoy the more competitively conventional settings then why would they play the game if the other settings weren't in it? Furthermore, you are looking for people to play 1v1 on arabia. How can you not find people for this? I guess the fact that you are searching in 14xx elo on steam doesn't help.

Feb 23, 2018
ofc i considered that the playerbase might be higher cause of the many different ways to play the game but it simply doesnt matter at all.
people dont always enjoy the competetive site of the game - thats why i pointed out that there many people who play just for fun.
its not like i just dont find people in a low rating which allready speaks for the playerbase beeing to low, i cannot find people to play 4v4´s on a 1.8k rating aswell.

did u ever even try to search for players ? i guess didnt and u just want to be annoying, otherwise u wouldnt talk such nonsense

btw, as u can see iam not allone - otherwise this thread wouldnt even exist.

Feb 12, 2018
Niger
ofc i considered that the playerbase might be higher cause of the many different ways to play the game but it simply doesnt matter at all.
people dont always enjoy the competetive site of the game - thats why i pointed out that there many people who play just for fun.
its not like i just dont find people in a low rating which allready speaks for the playerbase beeing to low, i cannot find people to play 4v4´s on a 1.8k rating aswell.

did u ever even try to search for players ? i guess didnt and u just want to be annoying, otherwise u wouldnt talk such nonsense

btw, as u can see iam not allone - otherwise this thread wouldnt even exist.
I can't believe you are complaining about too much content in a game. There are other competitive modes than 1v1 arabia. I think everybody plays for fun. Maybe 18xx players don't want someone who is 14xx-16xx in their game. I have never had trouble finding sparring partners. Some are better, some are worse. Some ragequit and cry. Sometimes I ragequit but I NEVER cry EVER!

Feb 23, 2018
iam not complaining about too much content, iam complaining about the playerbase which this thread is made for.
iam not talking about sparring partners.
i dont know how that helps our conversation but congrats on never crying or ragequitting xDD
i will stop replying to u from now on cause it simply doesnt make any sense, u dont have any valid arguments and u keep pulling things outta ur ass.
have a nice day mate and best luck.

AustriaLB10

Sep 19, 2014
Vienna
Voobly
_LB10
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
dont drink and post bro

Feb 23, 2018
how to find people to actively practice with? i tried multiple forums - searched ingame alot - was whispering people who were searching aswell but it always turns out bad - there either inactive, play several other games, play different modes all the time etc etc.
plsteach me the secret of finding players who play the same mode as iam and are around my rating ( rating doesnt need to be That close cause it doesnt tell us much for multiple reasons )
i would highly appreciate that but to be honest i think its impossible - enlighten me

Feb 12, 2018
Niger
how to find people to actively practice with? i tried multiple forums - searched ingame alot - was whispering people who were searching aswell but it always turns out bad - there either inactive, play several other games, play different modes all the time etc etc.
plsteach me the secret of finding players who play the same mode as iam and are around my rating ( rating doesnt need to be That close cause it doesnt tell us much for multiple reasons )
i would highly appreciate that but to be honest i think its impossible - enlighten me
We can't teach you how to find friends... You seem very choosy with who you want to play against... Is it really that big of a deal to play arena a game or two to get a break from the constant feudal wars on arabia? Is it really bothering you that much when they play other games outside of AoE? What other interests are acceptable?

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
Saturday 13:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16
Saturday 15:00 (GMT +01:00)