EscapeTV Launch Event - Day 1

EscapeTV Launch Event - Day 1
Posted by GermanyEscapeAoE
TheViper, TaToH, MbL & Liereyy on LAN
Friday, January 18, 2019 - 22:00 (GMT +01:00)
Until: Saturday, January 19, 2019 - 00:00 (GMT +01:00)
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/Amsterdam)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/Amsterdam

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Streamers: @EscapeAoE

AustriaThePr0phet

Known Member
Nov 14, 2017
Austria
some people seemingly just lack the imagination it takes too see what all this could be piling up to in a near future. luckily, ecl and escapetv are both part of actual progress and don't need to take account of every single backward mind of aoezone.
Honestly it is not about me lacking the vision for something great but I miss the implementation.

Let's say they make this event everything is on the production side, however there are to less drinks and food for the guys there. I would say, they learnt for the future but in their expertise they showed great quality.

This stream was like I start my stream without any preperation, no overlay, commentating from OBS. Sound horrible. Sure you can say: Everything will get better. But this is not like a small budget project where some guys who are students do things in their free time. And if this is their work ethic to present such garbage ( i stoppe watching after 10 mins, ears hurt boring, my eyes were bleeding) then I dont see a bright future.

Such projects need much need more hard work than a regular 8 to 5 job... You work normally nonstop without getting a big reward (money wise) in the beginning otherwise you will fail. and that start did show everything else. it seemed like lets throw a party and from there on we will figure out what we will do.

That doesnt mean I wish them bad things, I am just utterly disappointed by that "presentation" of the "biggest" broadcasting project AoE has seen....

Spaindoacid

Apr 18, 2018
It is so backwards to see known members of the community trashing on the efforts of other members, both explicitly and tacitly. Wanting Zak and Escape to fail just cause you don't understand the basics of human interaction. You don't want to cooperate, you don't want to build... hell you don't even want to let others do it, cause your little twisted minds can only work in bitter mode.

And I'm not a Zak's fan, quite the contrary in fact. I've watched WAY MORE memb's stream than Zak's for example. Cause I like more memb's stream (have been subbed for long times) than I ever liked Zak's. Even if Memb can easily hold grudges against others and surely he can't take criticism that would help him grow... I can see the redeeming qualities in him, we all have our highs and lows, that's being human.

Regarding the Escape Studio launch event, it was more than decent enough to be the first time. As time passes I'm sure they'll get the hang of it and improve it ten fold. I can't wait to see what the future brings and I wish the new Studio to do well, the same way I wish for KOTD2, NAC2 and any other community effort to bring us entertainment on this game we all love.

Mar 20, 2015
England
youtube.com
Apologies for the confusion on time, we scheduled for 20gmt today to avoid the football match that many wanted to go watch. ManU vs Brighton.

As for the launch event: Robo, ham, Interjection and I walked into a completely empty, bare, warehouse two weeks ago. We spent 12-15 hours every single day for the last two weeks to get it to where it was last night. Give us some time to iron out the creases and we will get there in the end. This is the first time any of us have done anything like this.

Spaindoacid

Apr 18, 2018
Apologies for the confusion on time, we scheduled for 20gmt today to avoid the football match that many wanted to go watch. ManU vs Brighton.
You need to hold Viper on a tighter leash, he's already changing timetables with his ManU nonsense, next thing you know and he'll have his creepy face painted over the Samurai's from the graffiti :devilish::laugh:

NetherlandsQulala

Jan 20, 2016
i couldnt watch all of it yesterday, but i could see the vision everyone has, and i already started fantasising about all the things that can happen in the future. :smile:
great job guys and also have fun!

Unknownmogers87

Feb 26, 2017

As for the launch event: Robo, ham, Interjection and I walked into a completely empty, bare, warehouse two weeks ago. We spent 12-15 hours every single day for the last two weeks to get it to where it was last night. Give us some time to iron out the creases and we will get there in the end. This is the first time any of us have done anything like this.
I respect what you're trying to build, but there's a conflict here: you're aiming for professional quality but had to do things in a rush. This yielded many issues as mentioned already in the thread.

I believe you, that you worked hard for 2 weeks, but why this rush if you're not ready?

First impression (i.e. stream/launch day) is quite important. Having seen the event, I think it would have been better to wait till you're ready, even if it means launching after NAC2 to not collide with it and KOT2.

Anyway, this is a positive initiative, and I hope it goes well.

Mar 18, 2018
building up something takes a lot of endurance and there are many abstacles to be overcome
give yourself space for that
dont start by saying WE ESPORTS NOW
it will only raise the bar of expectation to levels where you cannot take it right now
that is my impression.
all the best! :smile:

Nov 5, 2018
I think it's funny that we still don't know what the settings for the lan just the same as we didn't know if there were games last night until we tuned in.

Just found the announcement from the launch event. Not sure I'm bothered trying to catch this. Best of 6 featuring 2 aoe games and a chess game.

Definitely makes a joke of the we esports statement.

Last edited:

Finlandbuhanisson

Longswordman
May 29, 2015
Yesterday's stream reminded me of Maldives opening ceremony.
I didnt watch this one, but Maledives opening ceremony was the best thing that ever happened to this game after the birth of DauT. It was the moment when I realized "wow, we are actually proper e-sports now". If this was anything like that, we've got a lot of good stuff coming.

United Statespatao

Well Known Pikeman
Apr 2, 2016
Just being honest here, this stream is unfortunately not really captivating me personally. It's not really related to the preparation or execution (mutes aside, I'm quite impressed.) It's just way too much interviews and silly stuff; as much as I love our aoe2 personalities, I prefer them in the context of the game.

I think the problem is that the content was maybe planned as 60% interviews etc. and 40% gameplay, but when real-life pacing comes into play that realistically means 90% interviews etc. and 10% gameplay.

I definitely vastly preferred the NAC in-game to offline mix far more. Anyways, just my opinion.

Jan 19, 2019
Sums up some viewer disappointment...

youtube.com/watch?v=0G7JSKqTqNA&feature=youtu.be

Robo awkwardly asking TaToH if he has any suggestions how to fix the technical difficulties, and TaToH saying no one in the audience is interested in the games...

Now I know a lot of work went into the last two weeks, but clearly the studio was not ment to be live so soon, and saying that its only been two weeks and in the future quality will improve does nothing to change first impressions, like how HD edition had that catastrophe at launch.

If you wanted to have fun at the lan then fine. Don't broadcast it. But if you want to broadcast and hype things up, then you should deliver, or everyone watching will be disappointed. Also everything should be taken seriously, as now money is involved. Urgh...

Should be said T90 and Nili were a highlight, and the quality did improve over time.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018
This basically sums up this weekend...

vimeo.com/user94100036/review/312312867/01c3af2741

Robo awkwardly asking TaToH if he has any suggestions how to fix the technical difficulties, and TaToH saying no one in the audience is interested in the games...

Now I know a lot of work went into the last two weeks, but clearly the studio was not ment to be live so soon, and saying that its only been two weeks and in the future quality will improve does nothing to change first impressions, like how HD edition had that catastrophe at launch.

If you wanted to have fun at the lan then fine. Don't broadcast it. But if you want to broadcast and hype things up, then you should deliver, or everyone watching will be disappointed. Also everything should be taken seriously, as now money is involved. Urgh...
Link does not work...

NetherlandsQulala

Jan 20, 2016
the haters crawl out of their saltmines to comment here,

you dont become a professional journalist/interviewer in a day.
the players didnt go through media training.
the people who work behind the scenes didnt do this as their job before they started with this.
buildings something as big as this is going with some difficulties and cringe,

but it is awesome to watch people who love this game so much and started it as a hobby like all of us bringing their will and vision together and giving it their all and i must say: i enjoy the interviews, brings us closer to the pro's in the scene and also the games, and funny things in between are enjoyable

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL SE Asia 1v1 JorDan vs Tim
Friday 12:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 JorDan vs Tim
Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final
Saturday 11:30 (GMT +01:00)
new Chapter vs Australia
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk