Hearttt
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Since Chinese players are allowed to stream their POV from now on, does that mean that non-chinese players are now allowed to talk about the matches prior to their official cast?

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
I hope there won’t be many pov streams - i usually find that they lower quality of play quite a bit and think for tournaments they really are not necessary

PortugalMaSmOrRa

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2012
I hope there won’t be many pov streams - i usually find that they lower quality of play quite a bit and think for tournaments they really are not necessary
What do you mean they are "not necessary"?
If someone wishes to stream his POV and is allowed to, what does the necessity of having that stream have to do with anything?
This forum doesn't need your or mine contributions and yet we still comment and post because we like to.

For someone like Viper, I'm pretty sure if he decides to stream one of his ECL matches live, his viewer count will explode. Making it arguably a necessity for him from a business standpoint.

As to making the games worse that depends totally on how serious the streamer is taking the games.
If he's really taking them seriously he will simply ignore chat and concentrate fully on his gameplay. He may even add a stream delay to make sure he avoids all the distractions.

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
What do you mean they are "not necessary"?
If someone wishes to stream his POV and is allowed to, what does the necessity of having that stream have to do with anything?
This forum doesn't need your or mine contributions and yet we still comment and post because we like to.

For someone like Viper, I'm pretty sure if he decides to stream one of his ECL matches live, his viewer count will explode. Making it arguably a necessity for him from a business standpoint.

As to making the games worse that depends totally on how serious the streamer is taking the games.
If he's really taking them seriously he will simply ignore chat and concentrate fully on his gameplay. He may even add a stream delay to make sure he avoids all the distractions.

Should have expressed myself clearer I guess.
Re quality of games: From a viewer standpoint following a major tournament I care about high quality games. Streaming POV might distract some streamers in some times, so I prefer if they don't do it (and I also know that many streamers share the perspective that streaming lowers quality of games)
Re not necessary: I think that was unfortunate wording - I blame the aoezone first thing in the morning habit :smile:. What I meant was sth. a long the lines that POV streams is daily business for players, and a tournament merits a change of perspective. Also, without mandatory stream delay one runs into troubles with potential tips from viewers in chat.

Of course that is all just my personal opinioin

IsraelSjut

Jun 13, 2018
I personally don't think that we will see a lot of POV streams from non-chinese players, except for the 1v1 stages, as I guess teams won't publish their teamspeak chats and opinions about tactics, etc.

I hope the saturday streams can keep the quality as I liked to watch the games without much delay between them.

GermanyAthasos

Longswordman
Jul 8, 2017
Hessen, Germany
Dont show everyone u have an empty brain. Do u really think they would change it if they had ~ double the current viewernumber?
Yeah they would change it for sure if they had double the viewernumbers 11
They would get sponsors and they would increase the pricepool, so that they could ask the players to play at certain times 11
I am wondering who has the "empty" brain here ...

NorwayMoonspring

Nov 7, 2016
Voobly
Moonspring
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Id be very interested in pov streams of TGs, i find it makes the games easier to follow. Probably most players wont stream and I can respect that. Id love to hear am and/or secrets team chat tho.

Unknowntresu

May 17, 2014
No team can beat the entertaining value of Tim and Vivi teamspeaking. During the recent world cup match, i followed both Vivi's POV and Lyx's.

On Lyx's stream, quiet calm conversation with Yo.

On Vivi's stream, 2 contrarians were fighting and arguing throughout the match. Tim wanted to do this and Vivi disagreed and vice versa. Then Tim asked one question repeatedly and Vivi finally burst:'YESSSSSSS!'

The POV fun for watching team games is more than just game play.

Netherlandsnimanoe

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Jan 15, 2014
No team can beat the entertaining value of Tim and Vivi teamspeaking. During the recent world cup match, i followed both Vivi's POV and Lyx's.

On Lyx's stream, quiet calm conversation with Yo.

On Vivi's stream, 2 contrarians were fighting and arguing throughout the match. Tim wanted to do this and Vivi disagreed and vice versa. Then Tim asked one question repeatedly and Vivi finally burst:'YESSSSSSS!'

The POV fun for watching team games is more than just game play.
Thanks for the insight, pretty funny how this is exactly how I thought the Frantic players would be on TeamSpeak, just by watching them play and from the rare interviews we have had with these players 11

Nepalarchxeon

Jan 6, 2014
Thanks for the insight, pretty funny how this is exactly how I thought the Frantic players would be on TeamSpeak, just by watching them play and from the rare interviews we have had with these players 11
Hopefully vivi is posed a question about these dynamics in the interview by Memb.

United KingdomNick_

Known Member
Jul 17, 2010
Voobly
Nick
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Any self respecting player who takes the tournament seriously will not stream their POV, simple as that.
What is this drivel?

Any current top player that has streaming as their main source of income would be foolish not to stream their POV. The only suggestion I'd make to them is to have a minimum stream delay of 5 mins, and have no stream chat visible during game play.

Unknowntresu

May 17, 2014
There were many more funny stories between the two of them. I can't be bothered to type them all. One really funny one was when Vivi insisted on picking a map that according to him is like dry desert arabia. So they picked their civs accordingly. Vivi used online translate to pick the map in English. And it was full of pond fish! I was killing myself laughing as I heard Vivi cursing grass this grass that. They lost that game because the civs were not the best for that map.

Feb 18, 2015
Voobly
kw1k
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
If you spoil something before the weekend streams, or talk about them in the chats of the players involved in those games afterwards, you deserve a slap in the ..... S
What is this attitude. In which sports or esports fans don't talk about the game. Noone forced you to browse forums unless you watched.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

DERAC - Quarterfinal #1
Friday 17:00 (GMT +01:00)
Tim vs BacT
DERAC - Quarterfinal #2
Friday 18:30 (GMT +01:00)
Vivi vs JonSlow
DERAC - Quarterfinal #3