ECL Questions & Answers

GermanyEscapeAoE

Two handed swordman
Bronze Supporter
Feb 1, 2017
escape.gg
ecl-header.png

We are here to answer any questions you have about the tournament big or small. Please leave a comment here and we'll try to answer as soon as possible.

Norwaybuddy__1

Jul 30, 2016
what made you decide to make the games mutliqueue?

the touranment is over a long period of time how will you react to a new expansions to the game or aoe2:de release? I have the feeling you have some info saying its not coming any time soon?

EDIT: escapeaoe is the sponsor?

Looks like all donations and such will go to casters and staff and such?

GermanyEscapeAoE

Two handed swordman
Bronze Supporter
Feb 1, 2017
escape.gg
what made you decide to make the games mutliqueue?

the touranment is over a long period of time how will you react to a new expansions to the game or aoe2:de release? I have the feeling you have some info saying its not coming any time soon?
We believe that Multi Queue allows the players more time to focus on micromanaging their units or paying attention to other areas of the game instead of cycling through buildings. Being able to cycle through buildings and queue units is not increasing the skill cap of the game; but allowing more time for other areas should.

We will deal with those things as more information becomes available to us.

Microsoft is the sponsor.

You are correct.

BelgiumTarzan

Feb 19, 2014
1526845129257.png
So no slinging allowed. Isn't it a bit too harsh to remove banking completely and apply 40% slinging tax? Games can still be entertaining and not one-sided even with slight sling. Not complaining though :smile:.

SpainPoxo

Champion
Oct 27, 2012
Madrid, Spain
Voobly
Poxo
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Oct 23, 2016
Is there a way of seeing which temas have signed up before the final deadline?

Also I like that you take care of people investing a lot of work into the tournament, but I did not see anything about technical staff. Do you plan on financially supporting guys like Trirem and Jineapple, without whom this would not be possible, as well?

GermanyFlow

Well Known Pikeman
Mar 21, 2017
Is there a way of seeing which temas have signed up before the final deadline?
There is a sign-up thread.

How were civs picked for the regions? I assume the majority was for geographic/historic/cultural reasons.
Some seem like a stretch though (Slavs in Americas *cough* ). I guess in those cases civs with few uses before were chosen as fillers?

Also no BF in West Europe Map Pool? grassSad

GermanyEscapeAoE

Two handed swordman
Bronze Supporter
Feb 1, 2017
escape.gg
How were civs picked for the regions? I assume the majority was for geographic/historic/cultural reasons.
Some seem like a stretch though (Slavs in Americas *cough* ). I guess in those cases civs with few uses before were chosen as fillers?

Also no BF in West Europe Map Pool? grassSad
It's loosely based on the reasons you listed but obviously some liberties had to be taken. It's important to note that the civ pools are not the only civs available, but will help to influence the picks during the stage,

Austriateutonic_tanks

Two handed swordman
Mar 30, 2013
when i read the maps that are going to be played i often see: "+1 Map Competition" does that mean there will be a map contest for These maps?

Unknownmogers87

Feb 26, 2017
Thank you for the rules and settings doc, it's great to have everything explained in such detail.
I assume you're aware, but the doc is missing at least 2 links

C.24. In order for players to receive their winnings a completed invoice must be sent for each event that they are claiming winnings for. Documentation on how to complete an invoice is available here: [INSERT LINK]

M.5.1. Attempt to run the game via DirectIP from within the game main menu. Tutorial Link: [mogers: no such link]

FinlandTempires

Mar 16, 2013
Finland
why microsoft not buying voobly ? easy solution cant be super expensive :D
Out of microsoft's intrest. Current situation is fine for them.

When Carlini asked about possibility of buying Voobly:
Carlini said:
I got in contact and asked about buying Voobly. I was told everyone would quit and I would need an entirely new team - my vision was all profit Voobly makes goes directly back into AoE2 instead of getting taken out, I thought this would only be positive.
After contacting a few people who I thought might be able to run things I was told even with a complete overhaul it is likely to be useless anyway, so gave up my interest in such things

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Hidden Cup 2 Qualification Final
Wednesday 22:00 (GMT +01:00)
dogao vs LaaaaaN
DERAC - Quarterfinal #1
Friday 17:00 (GMT +01:00)
Tim vs BacT
DERAC - Quarterfinal #2