ECL hype issue

Irelanddooog

Mar 3, 2018
I dont think length is the problem with hype, but the fact that its so complicated to follow. I get hyped if Brighton palys Huddersfield cause its goddamn premier league, and every goal and every point is incredibly valuable. If I see Heresy play aM, I only get headache trying to figure out what whoever needs to get what in this thingy, and what stage is this really, and what does the updated bracket look like right now if I can find it anywhere, or if I can figure it out from the available clues out there somewhere, maybe on membs or nilis channel.
Agree ^

It would help if each of the remaining ECL events at least had an AoeZ thread showing the brackets, map pool, civ pool, scheduling and whatnot.

Nov 5, 2018
I agree 100%.

My bad english incomming:

The most confusing part for me is always the civ pool. I don't really get it..
First I liked the idea that the civs you can choose are civs that are historically connected to a certain country/area due to its history.

But then in 3v3s or 4v4s Team are allowed to pick any civ they want if they fulfill some requirements?!.

This is so confusing and I fail to see a caster who can explain this properly.
I think the requirement in a 3v3 is 2 from the civ pool and one free pick. Or something like that.

One thing I think is a major problem with the tournament is that map and civ pool drafts and rules aren't understood by the viewers.

Imagine kotd if the casters didn't see the civ draft.

Jan 20, 2019
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The Escape team can never do anything right in some eyes.
First of all, Escape team cannot keep their website (and brackets for the previous ECL events) online for a couple of days, and even when it is up, they are always late with updating it. Not to mention the fact that it was impossible to check what was the civ pools in the previous events and the other minor mistakes

That's feedback and facts, not "damning". The whole ECL event feels neglected and people just pointing it out. I dont remember anything similar about NAC2 (+ qualifiers played for a long time) which was also a complex, and even more intense event.

Also, https://escapeaoe.challonge.com/ this website is lacking informations about past events (EscapeTV Launch Event is still "in progress)

Last edited:

DenmarkChrazini

Longswordman
Dec 31, 2013
Denmark
Voobly
Chrazini
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
If you're having issues with the escape.gg website you can find all info here: https://www.ageofempires.com/tournaments
We're looking in to why the website is down for some, it's a host issue. It's been down once since the start of the tournament for the record.
It's been down for at least 2 days for me now - not a complaint, just FYI in case that's useful :tongue:

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
Why is there no stream today? According to the schedule it should be - will you keep carrying the delay from the 1v1 stage through the rest of the tournament? This goes quite a bit against your goal of providing consistency...can you update the dates on the website then for the remaining stages as well?

May 1, 2017
Why is there no stream today? According to the schedule it should be - will you keep carrying the delay from the 1v1 stage through the rest of the tournament? This goes quite a bit against your goal of providing consistency...can you update the dates on the website then for the remaining stages as well?
I was wondering the same thing. It is normally a one week break between stages, but they probably forgot to update stream dates on the sites.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

DERAC - Quarterfinal #1
Friday 17:00 (GMT +01:00)
Tim vs BacT
DERAC - Quarterfinal #2
Friday 18:30 (GMT +01:00)
Vivi vs JonSlow
DERAC - Quarterfinal #3