ECL casting insanity

GermanyAthasos

Longswordman
Jul 8, 2017
Hessen, Germany
Spoilerwarning !!!!

What was this game three between BzK and VNA?
I have rarely seen a more cluth and insane game than this.
F1re died horribly, RiuT pushing in to buy time for F1re to come back , many crazy 100+ units fights and just in general one of the best games I have seen in a while.
GG Wp both teams!!

On top of that, the casting was absolutely on point and insane as well. It really fitted the pace of the game the action that happened everywhere, the insane comebackstory of F1re, it was just a pleasure to watch this!
Memb and Res that was amazing!
I lately watched a lot of Dota with Ti8 taking place lately.
I don't know to much about Dota, but the cast was so amazing during the insane combacks of OG in both finals and this game felt just like those games.
If you don't get hyped here you are for sure from Finnland :wink:
And guys I don't want to say anything bad about any other caster (they are all great!!!)
I am simply amazed by how great this cast was!

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018
I'm curious about why viewer counts drops....

too many Heresy fans in the first game? dinner time in Europe? sleep time in Asia?

SpainPoxo

Champion
Oct 27, 2012
Madrid, Spain
Voobly
Poxo
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
You can't expect to have viewers watching for 8? hours, saturday and sunday, is like only watching games in a whole weekend.

The games I watched were good.

Feb 18, 2018
It only makes sense that viewer numbers are dropping the later it gets into the night. Its happened in all the streams I have caught so far. Considering the majority of viewers are European, Saturday afternoon/ early evening, at least in my experience, is typically when most are at home and free of activity/commitment. However, the later it gets more and more people are going out or sleeping. For example, being in the +2 time zone, often I've only been able to catch a couple of the early games before going out on the Saturday and even if the games are still running when I return I am just too tired. I know this is true of many of my friends too.

Luckily it wasn't the case today because you are right about the great games and amazing casting. Nothing quite gets me more engaged in the game than Memb in crazy mode. Many thanks to the admins, organisers, casters and players.

Apr 11, 2018
Voobly
TheSilverElite_
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Went from 4k8 to at some point 1k9, come on even the few that might hate one casters and would change channel, wouldn’t even be 10% of 2-3k, you can’t say a lot for that
Yeah im not saying that its not other reasons too, but quite a few people were complaining about the casters before they came on so im just saying its a possibility that people left because of it :smile:

GermanyAthasos

Longswordman
Jul 8, 2017
Hessen, Germany
Yeah im not saying that its not other reasons too, but quite a few people were complaining about the casters before they came on so im just saying its a possibility that people left because of it :smile:
"quite a few"
It was more like 5-10 people in chat, no big deal at all, also some of them spammed it multiple times.
Don't get wrong impressions from some haters in a twitch chat 11

Apr 11, 2018
Voobly
TheSilverElite_
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
"quite a few"
It was more like 5-10 people in chat, no big deal at all, also some of them spammed it multiple times.
Don't get wrong impressions from some haters in a twitch chat 11
I know, but either way im just saying that some people would've left because of that reason is all :smile:

Switzerlandchrummi

Mar 1, 2018
Everyone who doesnt like Memb or Res casting should watch the vod, it was really a great cast. Usually im also not that big of a fan of Res, but today the casting was just great.

Aug 14, 2017
Voobly
SilverHawk
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Does anyone have a timestamp or video for the match? I'd love to see it.

Found it. Didn't realize it was on Escape.

Last edited:

BelgiumTarzan

Feb 19, 2014
My two cents:
Memb and Res DID have an impact on viewer count.
Last night I switched to T90's midway and his viewercount keeped rising while Escape's declined. Granted it is not 1:1 (increase vs. decrease) but you get my point.
Same for me. Actually T90 did an excellent job, and Dave as cocaster is great. Always nice to have different choices of casters. He had almost 1500 viewers still.

ChinaViga_TCB

Dec 28, 2016
Originally I wanted to edit my old comment, but it seems like I have wrote a lot more, so I'm giving it its own post:
My two cents:
Memb and Res DID have an impact on viewer count.
Last night I switched to T90's midway and his viewercount keeped rising while Escape's declined. Granted it is not 1:1 (increase vs. decrease) but you get my point.
Just to be clear, I DO LIKE MEMB, it was Res that made me tune out. I dunno why but since he had some issues in real life a while ago his casting quality dropped (I do not blame him though). Also his commentary, from a game knowledge standpoint is really lacking compared to all others. Sure I get that he is specialized in catering to casual or non-players, but it really kills the expert game atmosphere for me.

Another thing I want to mention is that they seems to be lacking in the chit-chat department - sometimes the stream goes akwardly quiet and this is not good for entertainment imo. Perhaps they can talk about aoe news, player histories and aoe community news?

All in all, there are definitely problems, but they can definitely be overcomed. I do not believe in "kick out memb" or "kick out res", as they are a) both aoe figures b) have great passion and c) contributed a lot to the community, but I hope that ECL can help them improve even more - I know zak (organising wise) and memb (english wise) certainly did.

Last edited:

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

DERAC - Quarterfinal #1
Friday 17:00 (GMT +01:00)
Tim vs BacT
DERAC - Quarterfinal #2
Friday 18:30 (GMT +01:00)
Vivi vs JonSlow