ECL Africa Predictions

Australiarobo

Administrator
Staff member
Bronze Supporter
Dec 12, 2011
Australia
www.youtube.com
After watching almost every set live, if the games were streamed live (assuming the players some how agreed to line up and play their games at the times we set, and waste half the day waiting for their chance) the streams would be ~12 hours long instead of ~6.

Remember that is the exact same amount of game time, the rest is sitting around waiting for BacT "sec", people having wrong versions of WK, being late etc.

United KingdomFall

Halberdier
Jun 12, 2013
Voobly
Fallstar
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Casting each match as it happens is good for people who don't have time to watch 6/8 hours or however long you spent on it today. Far easier to find 2.5 hours for one BO5 even with a drop and BacT doing his thing than it is to find 6 hours for 4 sets, even if they are more efficient overall. And if you just dip in and out you''re always half way through a set.

I appreciate that isn't everyone, but just to give you a different perspective on it.

Switzerlandchrummi

Mar 1, 2018
So did i win something? 11

there are 2 more predictions for VNS advancing on page 1, plus 5 people who did predict SY beating Secret. But yeah there were quite a few surprising results, SY looked very strong.

It was one of the best streams i ever watched, very nice games, great casting and everything went really smooth. I dont really see a disadvantage in seeing recs, even tough i would prefer to have a closer look at map and civ drafting as well as seeing the res. But overall its just way better to cast recs, its just not possible to have all players ready on the day you want to stream it and even if you would have much more delay than there was today. Those delays are the only thing i dislike about watching live tournaments, players will be late, then they will take forever to do the draft, then someone has a problem with his pc or his game etc... even if all players are there on time the games wont start until about 15-20 minutes after the scheduled time at best. That was also the only thing that i didnt like about nac, setting up hotkeys or fixing kezboards and stuff took like an hour between every set, so the streams took way too long.

I dont think casting the games as they happen is better for people who dont have much time. With the current system you know exactly when the games will happen, so you can try to have the time on those saturday afternoons to watch the games live, when you stream them whenever theyre played you will know it a few days before at best or a few minutes before at worst, so its nearly impossible to adjust your schedule to the games. And even if you dont manage to watch the stream live you can watch the vod, which will take way less time than watching the games live whenever theyre played or even watching the vods from those stream (at least then you could skip the waiting time before and between the games, but not stuff like big pauses). So i think its better foor people with not that much time to stream the games at a fixed schedule instead of when they actually happen.

Unknownbinhgl4321

Mar 3, 2018
Except suomi, they all wrong, stupid people. They just supported for their favourite players/teams. And they didnt know how strong of the others.

Chinarobin_von

Apr 2, 2018
Almost all peoples in this thread believe AM will win Frantic with 2:0 or 2:1. Actually CL (Happyhappy) is also a very strong team player in Frantic. Almost everyone didn't mention him in the prediction, maybe it is caused by he usually play the game in vooblyCN instead of voobly.com.

Jul 29, 2018
Almost all peoples in this thread believe AM will win Frantic with 2:0 or 2:1. Actually CL (Happyhappy) is also a very strong team player in Frantic. Almost everyone didn't mention him in the prediction, maybe it is caused by he usually play the game in vooblyCN instead of voobly.com.
tbh I would choose Frantic over aM if I knew that was not Liereyy/Nicov combo
but this game was so close, aM looks wrapping G2 then somehow manage to lose it

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

DERAC - Quarterfinal #1
Friday 17:00 (GMT +01:00)
Tim vs BacT
DERAC - Quarterfinal #2
Friday 18:30 (GMT +01:00)