What do you think the score will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Netherlandsnimanoe

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Jan 15, 2014
Will be played on Sunday 10 February at 20:30 GMT on Twitch.tv/Nili_AoE
Who do you think will win? What are MbLs chances to dethrone TheViper as the best Norwegian player?

Best of 5 on the following maps:
Game 1: Arabia
Game 2: Map pick TheViper - Gold Rush
Game 3: Map pick MbL - Graveyards
Map ban MbL - Tidepool
Map ban TheViper - Land Madness
Map ban TheViper - Seize the Hump
Map ban MbL - Flooded Cross
Game 4: Map pick MbL - Regicide Fortress
Game 5: Map pick TheViper - Coast to Mountain

Players will be able to globally pick seven civs and then ban 2 civs of the picked civs from the opponent
Draft
MbL bans Aztecs
TheViper bans Mayans
TheViper bans Slavs
MbL bans Chinese

TheViper 0-2 MbL
Game 1: Arabia TheViper (Huns) 0-1 MbL (Indians)
Game 2: Gold Rush TheViper (Celts) 0-2 MbL (Incas)
Game 3: Graveyards TheViper (Mongols) 1-2 MbL (Vikings)
Game 4: Coast to Mountain TheViper (Spanish) 1-3 MbL (Franks)

Brackets

Last edited:

Unknown_Andrew

Longswordman
Jan 2, 2013
Just one of those days for Viper. MBL played terrific and Viper was just a tick off. I don't see this as a passing of the torch moment or anything... as much as MbL has improved in recent months, I still think there's a considerable gap between he and Viper. Or even between him and Lierey.

I will say I was expecting Viper to be a bit more gracious in the post-match interview. I only watched a couple of minutes but at least initially he came across as somewhat bitter. When you win nearly everything for 5+ years, it's OK to give someone else a moment in the spotlight. Not a big deal or anything, just how I felt watching it. If he became more gracious as the interview went on and I missed it, my bad.

Feb 3, 2019
Just one of those days for Viper. MBL played terrific and Viper was just a tick off. I don't see this as a passing of the torch moment or anything... as much as MbL has improved in recent months, I still think there's a considerable gap between he and Viper. Or even between him and Lierey.

I will say I was expecting Viper to be a bit more gracious in the post-match interview. I only watched a couple of minutes but at least initially he came across as somewhat bitter. When you win nearly everything for 5+ years, it's OK to give someone else a moment in the spotlight. Not a big deal or anything, just how I felt watching it. If he became more gracious as the interview went on and I missed it, my bad.
No, you are right on. He did not give MBL any credit. Showed a lack of class.
On a different note, what could have MBL done in KOD 2 if not for that questionable civ block rule-I say MBL beats Lierry

Unknownramzes2000

Mar 16, 2018
So as we see now viper again gave up against mbl like in nac1, he just let him win again to let mbl play against lierey in better position and the series before viper vs lierey. Mbl showed us in kotd he dont know how to kill lierey so all can happen

Unknownorangereaper

Aug 21, 2014
In tournaments looks like player play differently. No laming, walling, safe desicions etc.
MBL played really well. Better than viper, his civs were better and the game vs mongols, he almost pulled it off. Kudos!!

IMO, in the post match interview Viper was a bit iffy.
I dont think he was salty, but at the same time there was no spirit. You are part of $30k tournemant, its not a joke, nor a privelge.
He atlast owes to Nili to give proper interview. Of course if Memb lets others speak :tongue:

NorwayMoonspring

Nov 7, 2016
Voobly
Moonspring
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Viper said he did not want to give the reason he was sad. It was just a split second and it wasnt pressed any further but I felt the same vibe during the kotd2 interviews.

PortugalMaSmOrRa

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2012
I think you guys should consider having the post-match interview only with the winner of each series.
That's what all the casters do during online tournaments and I see no reason to change this very healthy practice just because it's a LAN. Maybe an exception could be made for the finals.
That couch isn't big enough to accommodate more than 2 people anyway lol

These guys are highly competitive individuals and if they lose a match, they get pissed. Totally normal and expected.
Post-match interviews should be all about the winners in my opinion.

Mar 28, 2018
I'd interview both, but consider asking the loser only one or two questions and spend the bigger portion of the interview talking to the winner.
The winner is usually more talkactive so you get a better interview than talking to somebody who just lost a series and is possibly disappointed with his play

Jan 7, 2015
I felt like the questions for viper just seemed to be suboptimal or just plain bad. How is he supposed to answer to "Did u feel like u had a bad day today?" - The question implies that he should say yes but if he says yes people will cry that he doesnt give credit to Mb (see above many people did already) and if he says no people will cry that he gives of a bad vibe and doesnt want to answer questions (see above many people did already)
I personally liked his answer (kinda "well i felt off a little bit but i think mbl played great")

so just please ask good questions and dont blame viper for having to respond to those questions.

more examples?
anything about "Map Hax" just takes away from his skills.
Giving him tips (he knows what he did wrong,how would you like a 1600 plebs commenting after your loss that you should have just done more mangonels and monks... its just insulting imo)
gonna add more after next interview :wink:

United Statesjive36

Known Member
May 19, 2018
Yeah I think the problem with having the winner and the loser in the interview is when the loser is the better known more vocal player. All the questions get directed to the loser and the winner is overlooked.

I think it is interesting that MBL and Viper seem to disagree so much about the way to play in certain circumstances. If Jordan and Memb had just shut up and let MBL and Viper go back and forth that would have been more interesting.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final
Saturday 11:30 (GMT +01:00)
new Chapter vs Australia
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
Saturday 13:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16