Madrid, Spain
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I guess you know it allready but sign up threat is closed.

Also could you do an example sign up, specially interested on this section:

"Our teams timezone/s and best time/day to get the games played:
(3 hour window and weekday)
(Timezones)"

Might sound a little bit confusing, are you asking for something like this:

Mondays 15-18 gmt
Tuesday 17-21gmt

I don't pretend to sign up 11, just curious.

Switzerlandswissboyy

Halberdier
Apr 29, 2012
Re: Questions concerning sign ups

Good point, will edit in an example.

Teamname: Memb the noob and his noobs
Captain: Memb - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=21357

Currently used accounts:
Memb http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/11574
Viper http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123211439
Spaden http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123210474

Highest rated accounts:
Memb http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/11574
Viper http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123211439
Spaden http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123210474

Our teams timezone/s and best time/day to get the games played:
Monday 20 - 23 GMT
Sunday 15 - 18 GMT
Our timezones: GMT +2, GMT +1, GMT +1

SpainPoxo

Halberdier
Oct 27, 2012
Madrid, Spain
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Semifinals and Finals

"3. Team A picks a map for game 1, Team B picks a different map for game 2, Team A picks a different map for game 3, Team A picks a different map for game 4, Team A picks a different map for game 5."

I understand that there are only 5 maps in the pool so it is:

Team A picks 3 maps order
Team B picks 1 map order
1 map is left as 5th.

Just pointing out, so players can have their own thoughts about this, personally I'd give the 3rd or 4th choice to team B.

Switzerlandswissboyy

Halberdier
Apr 29, 2012
Teams don't pick specific maps, all are played. Teams only decide in which order.
Reworded that part and fixed the A/B typo.

SpainPoxo

Halberdier
Oct 27, 2012
Madrid, Spain
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Btw I made a thing about who will group stage look like, correct me if I'm wrong:

This way all the matches played will be worth playing as at all times that a team can play is because they got something to win.

Nov 17, 2012
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
"
Map Bugs
If one or more of your units (scouts, horses, villagers) or resources (berries, golds, stones, boars, deer, sheep) are stuck inside a forest (less than 50% accessible by at least 3 tiles) you can restart the game for free in the first 4 minutes.
It's your job to find out about any potential issues with your map and ask for a restart in time. Streamers or tournament admins won't help.
"

It seems kind unfair for players, isn't it? It's seems like players now MUST scout all their resources before 4 mins if they don't want to be disappointed by bugged map. So you can't lure deers/go to lame/go to lure deers for your ally etc. And also sometimes you can't be sure even with almost perfect scouting, that your res is bugged. I think everyone who played a lot had it before.
If you want to bring more luck then np, but...

ArgentinaNicov

Halberdier
Apr 27, 2012
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
"
Map Bugs
If one or more of your units (scouts, horses, villagers) or resources (berries, golds, stones, boars, deer, sheep) are stuck inside a forest (less than 50% accessible by at least 3 tiles) you can restart the game for free in the first 4 minutes.
It's your job to find out about any potential issues with your map and ask for a restart in time. Streamers or tournament admins won't help.
"

It seems kind unfair for players, isn't it? It's seems like players now MUST scout all their resources before 4 mins if they don't want to be disappointed by bugged map. So you can't lure deers/go to lame/go to lure deers for your ally etc. And also sometimes you can't be sure even with almost perfect scouting, that your res is bugged. I think everyone who played a lot had it before.
If you want to bring more luck then np, but...
Agree. Figuring out whether some player has a bugged resource (or not) should be responsability of the admins and/or streamers.

Sometimes you get a very far secondary gold completely trapped in a cliff :lol:

United KingdomFall

Halberdier
Jun 12, 2013
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Yea it is sometimes completely impossible to find and check all resources by minute 4 due to map generation - it's out of player's control.

That is the responsibility of admins or streamers who can see all the map without fog of war.

Switzerlandswissboyy

Halberdier
Apr 29, 2012
Play-test the maps. If the risk of a bugged map is higher than 1/50 let me know what map is problematic and I'll fix it.
If you think it's impossible to scout your base in 4 minutes let me know how much time you need on a specific map and I'll think about bumping up the time limit a bit.
Allowing outsiders to help the players scout so they can lame their opponents freely makes no sense to me and I will never allow that. If you went for your opponents resources instantly instead of scouting your stuff first I don't mind if you pay a prize in 1/50 games where a bugged map might appear. Risk vs reward.

@ wildseries
Map Pool: viewtopic.php?f=1686&t=137118

BulgariaRorarimbo

Known Member
Jan 10, 2016
Bulgaria
Im not an expert but I think there will be no real problem because of the maps design.

Kinda Arabia has the starting sheep closer to the TC what will make sheep scouting more fast and constant plus it has no cliffs and ponds.

Socotra is basicly map size 2 or even less. The whole map will be scouted super fast plus the resources are close to the starting TC.

Collosesum has all the wood around the edges of the map and the other resources are towards the middle.

Donut King is a bit like Colloseum. The wood is around the edges or in the Middle. There is area around the players TC where all other resources are.

African Steppe again has the starting resources in compact are with no woodline or cliffs around plus the players may choose where to put down their starting TC.

Germanykc_Ereon

Known Member
May 20, 2013
Group Stage (Bo5)
3. Both teams ban and pick 1 map from the map pool (Kinda Arabia, Socotra, Donut King, Colosseum, African Steppe). The remaining map will be played in game 1, followed by Team A's homemap in game 2, Team B's homemap in game 3, Team A's homemap again in game 4, Team B's homemap again in game 5.

Two questions: (maybe I just overlooked it)
Pick/Ban from the Map Pool: which is the order to pick/ban?
"homemap again": Game 4 is the same map as Game 2 and Game 3 the same map as Game 5, correct?

Netherlandsnimanoe

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Jan 15, 2014
Just curious, what's the reason for making 4 the max. number of team members?
It's obviously not a big deal, but I'd like to know this as well, since I can't really think of any negative effects that allowing more than 4 people will have.

If you went for your opponents resources instantly instead of scouting your stuff first I don't mind if you pay a prize in 1/50 games where a bugged map might appear. Risk vs reward.
People who are going out to lame or lure deer already suffer because of the lack of scouting, why would you make it even less viable by implementing this rule? Also for viewers it's easier if admins and streamers can help with bugged maps, so you won't have to wait till the players scout it, but can restart faster. On top of that there are quite a few situations where it's not entirely clear if a map is bugged for a player, so an admin will still have to look at it. There are also situations where its near impossible for players to know if they have a bugged map, like when they don't get a third gold, they might just assume it's lack of scouting. I really don't get why this rule is implemented, especially since it's played on maps that haven't had an enormous amount of playtesting.

United KingdomFall

Halberdier
Jun 12, 2013
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
If you went for your opponents resources instantly instead of scouting your stuff first I don't mind if you pay a prize in 1/50 games where a bugged map might appear. Risk vs reward.
People who are going out to lame or lure deer already suffer because of the lack of scouting, why would you make it even less viable by implementing this rule? Also for viewers it's easier if admins and streamers can help with bugged maps, so you won't have to wait till the players scout it, but can restart faster. On top of that there are quite a few situations where it's not entirely clear if a map is bugged for a player, so an admin will still have to look at it. There are also situations where its near impossible for players to know if they have a bugged map, like when they don't get a third gold, they might just assume it's lack of scouting. I really don't get why this rule is implemented, especially since it's played on maps that haven't had an enormous amount of playtesting.
At minute 3:59 if players haven't found their resources they will have to pause and ask streamers/admins if their map is bugged or not.

But I can't see how that's any different from just letting the streamer tell the players straight away and avoiding wasting everyone's time!

GermanyMichaerbse

Oct 14, 2017
Just curious, what's the reason for making 4 the max. number of team members?
It's obviously not a big deal, but I'd like to know this as well, since I can't really think of any negative effects that allowing more than 4 people will have.

I assume they want to avoid teams that put high-rated players who won't play at all in their roster just to improve their seeding or to make the cut...

Brazildogao

Well Known Pikeman
May 28, 2008
The rule the way is written it assumes that it's player fault if they get a bugged map or not.

You start playing assuming your map is normal, not bugged. :?

I dont see any reason why adms/streamers should not do that.

Switzerlandswissboyy

Halberdier
Apr 29, 2012
At minute 3:59 if players haven't found their resources they will have to pause and ask streamers/admins if their map is bugged or not.
I'd suggest you read the rules and settings. Players can't pause and ask a streamer / admin at 3:59 because they are not allowed to talk to anybody from outside the game while playing.

nimanoe said:
On top of that there are quite a few situations where it's not entirely clear if a map is bugged for a player, so an admin will still have to look at it.
There's no situation where an admin needs to look at it. What is and isn't a bugged map is clearly defined in the rulebook.

dogao said:
TI dont see any reason why adms/streamers should not do that.
I'll start by giving you the two most obvious ones:
Players are supposed to be on DND while playing the game, they mustn't be able to receive outside information.
It's the players responsibility to know about the full rules and settings, not the job of the streamer to understand what exactly is a bugged map and what isn't. If a mistake happens players shouldn't be able to blame a 3rd party.

:arrow:

swissboyy said:
Play-test the maps. If the risk of a bugged map is higher than 1/50 let me know what map is problematic and I'll fix it.
If you think it's impossible to scout your base in 4 minutes let me know how much time you need on a specific map and I'll think about bumping up the time limit a bit.

Brazildogao

Well Known Pikeman
May 28, 2008
I'll start by giving you the two most obvious reasons why you should reconsider:

Arabia is the most played map in the history aoc AoC, and you still can get a bugged map, so imagine in the rest.
Adms can send message while you are in DND inside your game.

"not the job of the streamer to understand what exactly is a bugged map and what isn't. "

I'm pretty sure everyone outside the game is able to see if there is a gold/stone bugged or not. :roll:

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Road from 1.6k to 2k
Thursday 11:00 (GMT +02:00)
Daut's Road to 2k
LotH2 - Quarterfinals
Thursday 19:00 (GMT +02:00)
MbL vs Spaden
ECL Europe East 4v4