We are happy to announce BATTLE FOR SCOTLAND. A new open to all 1v1 tournament using a diverse mix of classic and custom AOE2 maps with a touch of Scotland throughout. This tournament is being hosted by paradox303 and GoodGuyAoE on the Scotland AoE discord and we’re hoping to bring Scottish members of the AoE2 community together and also the wider Age of Empires players and audience. This is a 48 player (scope to go to 96) tournament which will be operating in 3 leagues, Gold, Silver and Bronze. Following the group stages a playoff stage will commence to find the champions of the leagues.
We have 13 maps that have been reworked with Scottish locations and also every map will always generate with a Scottish themed biome. Special thanks to Grandy and Huehuecoyotl22 for their help in adjusting the map scripts.
- Aberdeenshire (Rivers)
- Ayrshire (Land Madness)
- Balmoral Castle (Regicide Fortress)
- Isle of Skye (Continental)
- Loch Lomond (Baltic)
- Loch Ness (Highland)
- Ben Nevis (Mountain Pass, Nomad start)
- Cairngorms (Mountain Range)
- Central Belt (Lowland)
- Glencoe (Valley)
- Hadrian’s Wall (Ze Wall)
- Hebrides (Islands)
- Southern Uplands (Lombardia)
We are aware some of these links may be quite tenuous, but reasonings below:
- Britons represent the English, the Auld Enemy. Nations in England and Scotland feuded for centuries even before either nation truly existed. The rivalry between England and Scotland was one of the longest running rivalries in the world. Will we see Bannockburn once again?
- Byzantines represent the Romans. The Romans occupied most of Britain for over a decade but they never quite managed to conquer Scotland. Will Caledonia be subjugated or will the invaders be forced out?
- Celts represent the Scots. Scotland is proud of its history, a history that some claim to have never been conquered. Will you be able to resist foreign invasion as well as the ancient Scots?
- Vikings represent the Norse. Vikings pillaged and settled over all of the British Isles. Viking fiefdoms like Orkney were set up in parts of what is now modern-day Scotland and Vikings gained lordship over other areas of what is now Scotland. Will you be able to throw these raiders back into the sea and prevent them ruling over Scottish land?
- Franks represent the French. The relationship between Scotland and France is Scotland's most famous connection with mainland Europe - the Auld Alliance. Will you stay true to the Auld Alliance?
- Goths represent the Anglo Saxons. The Anglo-Saxon identity grew out of the mingling of British and Germanic tribes. This cultural group united England from bickering petty kings into a solid nation. Will you be able to unite Britannia and go further than Alfred or Aethelstan ever dreamed?
- Sicilians represent the Normans. The Norman conquest is one of the most famous events in European history and changed the course of British history. The medieval Kingdom of Sicily was also formed through Norman conquest. Will you need a tapestry to immortalise your victory?
Sign Ups Open: Friday 8th of April 09.00 GMT
Sign Ups Close: Saturday 30th of April 23.59 GMT
Brackets Announced: Tuesday 3rd of May 19.00 GMT
Tournament start: Wednesday 4th of May 23.01 GMT
To join the server please click link below.
Check out the Scotland AOE community on Discord - hang out with 193 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.
You can also read the rest of the handbook here.
Thanks to aoe2 community member cerberusaoe aka author of The Trail of Swords, Cameron C. Porter for the donation of $500 to the prizepool and also LowEloNobody for the $100. Signs up open to ALL in the Scotland AOE discord.
You can check out cerebrusaoe's book here - https://www.amazon.com/Trail-Swords-Book-Kimorae-Trilogy/dp/B09MYVV8G6/
We hope to confirm some of these non cash prizes as the tournament progresses. We can guarantee most of these will be Scottish related.
*ANYONE CAN ENTER THIS EVENT*