This patch is obsolete, for the same (and more) functionality please use UserPatch (for compatibility with 1.0c recorded games please check the enhanced 1.0c mode).Installation: Unpack the file, and install "AoE2WideSetup.msi". Double click "AoE2Wide" icon that appeared on your desktop. Use "AoC1.0c 1280x1024.bat" (or "AoC1.0e 1280x1024.bat") icons that appeared on your desktop for starting the game (note that 1280x1024 will be replaced with the resolution of your monitor).
DOWNLOAD: » "AoE2WideSetup.zip" (193 KB)
Preview, click to enlarge (1440x900, 1680x2100):
- Support for 1.0c and 1.0e executables. No support for version without expansion pack (yet).
- Support for vertical resolutions higher than 1536 (I think unlimited).
- Fixed vertical position of top-left text
- AoE2Wide creates a batch file in the game folder and the desktop that allows you to easily start a widescreen version of the game, without having to check the resolution in the options screen all the time. Also, on Vista an win7, this will try to kill explorer.exe before the game, and start it again afterwards, in order to fix the palette issue (which is not a patch issue, by the way).
- Created an MSI installer. http://boekabart.dyndns.org/aoe2wide/la ... eSetup.msi
- UAC: AoE2Wide.exe now requests elevation, and is therefore able to write directly to the game folder. Note that it will not overwrite any original files, nor abuse the elevation for something else.
- Only expansion pack (The Conquerors) works at the moment
- The vertical position during recorded game playback seems incorrect
- The vertical position of the 'the Conquerers' overlay is incorrect
- The background and especially the Load/Save dialogs don't look good yet due to the way the images are stretched now
If you want to support the past and future development of this patch, please visit http://boekabart.dyndns.org/aoe2wide/donate.html where you can find a PayPal donate button. Thank you very much!
193.4 KB Views: 20,704