Jan 27, 2015
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Does it work for windows 7 as well? :-D just asking!

Slovakiajojkov

Aug 26, 2012

GermanyJineapple

Known Member
Oct 20, 2015
aoe2sheet.info
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
You can try asking steam support for a refund, if the purchase was close enough to the sale it works.

Expanding on this - if getting it "free" (aka pirating it) becomes too common, we might see Microsoft taking action against WololoKingdoms. I did not make it to facilitate piracy, and the expansions are cheap enough during a sale. Get them legitimately.

Dec 29, 2014
thanks i have bought it.
first i thinked to myself it will take a long time until i download 2,4GB ; 1 min after alt+tab to steam window ... wtf download complete?? then i see ... 31MB/s download speed :shock:

@edit: played my first game Wololo on voobly, working great

Jun 15, 2008

Germanywattle

Bronze Supporter
Jun 14, 2012
He just said the truth, I have all the steam dlc, but almost nobody is going to pay for something available for "free" long time ago.
That would be sad if true, because that sounds like those people would give a shit about the creators of the new content, who come from the community and still support the game :frown: .
I mean I'm not sure if one can argue about pirating a game that is 18 years old and not supported since many years (still from a legal standpoint you can't), but the content of the forgotten empires team isn't that old, they are still around, how can anyone be that mean/selfish to not spent a few $ on this?

MexicoSouFire

Mar 11, 2011
Mexico
Well to be honest i don't think microsoft is going to get interested in the steam version anymore, since they are betting all the chips on the definitive editions and the aoe 4 for their own platform, im afraid they might even take out the steam version.

Even with the pirated version there aren't enough games on MS, plus i saw hundreds on newbies buying the game during this black friday thing.

NetherlandsiViktorius

Well Known Pikeman
May 9, 2014
The Netherlands
That would be sad if true, because that sounds like those people would give a shit about the creators of the new content, who come from the community and still support the game :frown: .
I mean I'm not sure if one can argue about pirating a game that is 18 years old and not supported since many years (still from a legal standpoint you can't), but the content of the forgotten empires team isn't that old, they are still around, how can anyone be that mean/selfish to not spent a few $ on this?
Because HD sucks. Why would you pay money for a faulty product?

United StatesJoshuaR

Known Member
Oct 11, 2013
$12.60 for all the DLC right now. It's pretty bad if you try to pirate when that's available. You can still play WK on voobly, and the more people that actually get this, the more WK lobbies there will actually be.

SpainPoxo

Halberdier
Oct 27, 2012
Madrid, Spain
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I said some time algo that they should have reduced the price before KotD. One way or another the people would get to have wk on voobly.

I'm completely against pirating good products with good support and I had all the DLC's for almost a years allready.

Germanywattle

Bronze Supporter
Jun 14, 2012
I agree to that for the base game, but on sale thats 5€ and would be the pill to swallow in order to support/show appreciation to the forgotten empires team for the new expansions.
If someone can't step over his ideological concerns he may contact me :wink:

Edit: The 5€ for the base game could also be seen in the context of players, who wouldn't have joined the community without Aoe2HD. Although I agree, a new release of a game should endeavour to more than drawing attention to the original, improved by volunteers.

GermanyJineapple

Known Member
Oct 20, 2015
aoe2sheet.info
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Because HD sucks. Why would you pay money for a faulty product?
Fair enough, but then you shouldn't play WK. You don't pay just for Skybox and the technical implementation, but also for FE's balance and design work. Ideally there would be a possibility to seperate the two, but there isn't. So, you need to pay to use this content on Steam and the same goes for Voobly.

GermanyKing_Marv

Well Known Pikeman
May 27, 2016
Germany
I dont get it how people are not willing to pay like nothing (12€ ~ 3/4 beers in Ger) and play 20.000 Hours. I dont know any other game which offers that much fun for that low cost. In fact i dont know anthing which cost that less and gives that much fun.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Talk of the Empire
Tuesday 20:00 (GMT +02:00)
w/ Nili, Zak, TheMax, Rubi
LotH2 - Semifinals
Wednesday 15:00 (GMT +02:00)
Yo vs vivi

Age Of Empires On Twitch