AoE Steam Sale

1542837141921.png

AoE2 is 80% off, so if you have been waiting for a chance to purchase the expansions for use with WK now is a good time to do so!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/Age_of_Empires_II_HD/

1542837197188.png

Also it is 82% off if you buy the AoE2 & AoE3 bundle!

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2185/Age_of_Empires_Legacy_Bundle/

AoE3 by itself is 75% off

https://store.steampowered.com/app/105450/Age_of_Empires_III_Complete_Collection/

AoM is 75% off

https://store.steampowered.com/app/266840/Age_of_Mythology_Extended_Edition/

AustriaDeathcounter

Longswordman
Oct 15, 2017
docs.google.com
Nah, i will just delete everything, not gonna quit just because you keep trolling, insulting, and take my dignity. Only because i am against WK - I missed the time when the community didnt judge someone by the mod he plays
In addition i want to say i completly changed my opinion and i am a top tier WK fan boy,
WK is the best thing that ever happened
WK > the world
It's super balanced and should stay as it is right now.
Also i will now pay Cysion 10$ per month for his amazing work on HD which has the best pathing ever and isn't money grab and totatlly has no bugs at all. I dont understand why pro's didnt immediatly switch to HD as soon RotR came out which civs totally didnt/don't contain any Civ bonuses or attributes of civs from free expansions.
WK is just the best mod ever and nobody has troubles.
Duck those aoc bastards
#WK RULES
I am deadly serious that all i just said is no sarcasm. I really WOLOLOLED to the other side

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2017
Nah, i will just delete everything, not gonna quit just because you keep trolling, insulting, and take my dignity. Only because i am against WK - I missed the time when the community didnt judge someone by the mod he plays
In addition i want to say i completly changed my opinion and i am a top tier WK fan boy,
WK is the best thing that ever happened
WK > the world
It's super balanced and should stay as it is right now.
Also i will now pay Cysion 10$ per month for his amazing work on HD which has the best pathing ever and isn't money grab and totatlly has no bugs at all. I dont understand why pro's didnt immediatly switch to HD as soon RotR came out which civs totally didnt/don't contain any Civ bonuses or attributes of civs from free expansions.
WK is just the best mod ever and nobody has troubles.
Duck those aoc bastards
#WK RULES
I am deadly serious that all i just said is no sarcasm. I really WOLOLOLED to the other side
That's nice, I'm happy for you :smile:

Finlandbuhanisson

Longswordman
May 29, 2015
Finding a bit of self irony would not harm your cause and would make all the ridicule a lot easier to bear. Most people really are not judging and couldnt care less about what mod other ppl are playing. Your one-man crusade is just funny (not in any mean sense, just humorous), and it's hard to tell people to not laugh when something is funny. It often only makes it even funnier.

AustriaDeathcounter

Longswordman
Oct 15, 2017
docs.google.com
:smile:

If there is any proof that the pathfinding is worse on WK than somewhere else, please show some recorded game or even better a side-by-side comparison, so TriRem or scripter can analyze it and hopefully fix it.
What pathing issues, WK is perfectly fine and even has (i cant prove that unfortunatly) better pathfinding then ever. But thats just a feeling i have got

GermanyKing_Marv

Longswordman
May 27, 2016
Germany
Im so confused with this war realms vs wk. like both are overlapping a lot and both are expansions. One is free other is not which is ok because someone put a lot of work, giving for free is also ok, nobody is demanding something like that.

The bugfixes/ balances etc are updated a lot for wk so it’ gets better every time.

Wk is better than aoc because of 2 obvious reasons.

1) More civs —> more variation —> more fun.
2) better balance than aoc and don’t come pls with like battle elefants are op.

In aoc you get civs who can destroy 2! Other civs in bf if the civ match up is unlucky. Arena had one op civ - astecs. They are still top but not as far as in aoc. Huns was the number1 for aoc on arabia for 20 years now we have some variation.

Several people made statistics over winning rates and match ups which show quite good and significant results in terms of balance. So pls stop bringing the same arguments over and over again :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

AustriaDeathcounter

Longswordman
Oct 15, 2017
docs.google.com
Im so confused with this war realms vs wk. like both are overlapping a lot and both are expansions. One is free other is not which is ok because someone put a lot of work, giving for free is also ok, nobody is demanding something like that.

The bugfixes/ balances etc are updated a lot for wk so it’ gets better every time.

Wk is better than aoc because of 2 obvious reasons.

1) More civs —> more variation —> more fun.
2) better balance than aoc and don’t come pls with like battle elefants are op.

In aoc you get civs who can destroy 2! Other civs in bf if the civ match up is unlucky. Arena had one op civ - astecs. They are still top but not as far as in aoc. Huns was the number1 for aoc on arabia for 20 years now we have some variation.

Several people made statistics over winning rates and match ups which show quite good and significant results in terms of balance. So pls stop bringing the same arguments over and over again :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
1542904261753.png
Its really balanced. Franks might have a high winrate, but we dont know how often they played vs civs they are good against. And Khmer seems to be a bit unlucky and played against a lot of civ which counter is (like aztecs). Also i believe the average rating of those 2 civs is for franks above average, and for khmer below average, so the weaker/stronger player got this civ more often, this happened that often that in those 33446 games it must have disort the graph, because in reality its all 50%

GermanyKing_Marv

Longswordman
May 27, 2016
Germany
View attachment 160491
Its really balanced. Franks might have a high winrate, but we dont know how often they played vs civs they are good against. And Khmer seems to be a bit unlucky and played against a lot of civ which counter is (like aztecs). Also i believe the average rating of those 2 civs is for franks above average, and for khmer below average, so the weaker/stronger player got this civ more often, this happened that often that in those 33446 games it must have disort the graph, because in reality its all 50%
Do you know how statistic works ?
I appreciate what you do with realms, I also enjoyed playing it when I tried it but like you act I don’t know if you can be successful.

MexicoSouFire

Well Known Pikeman
Mar 11, 2011
Mexico
Sometimes while im watching aoe streams i see these new players playing super laggy games, dumb pathing and everything slow i want to cry.

We as community should strictly warn newcomers to avoid aoe II HD experience, even campaigns such as the infamous York that lags terrible and gets unplayable, so even the single player is broken, its been too many years, we got more expansions but they couldn't fix the lag in a such old game, the experience is far from being recommended.

About balance, last expansion was deliberately released with broken balance to increase sells and that worked but after 2 years, raja civs still ahead of every single old civ, lets not forget the origin of captains DRaft mode, it was to prevent players picking burmese/malay every single game and the other OP civs that weren't fixed before, but well the game brought a lot of fresh air in voobly, it caused a rated inflation due the high activity and more tournaments, but saying that wk was a success is far from the truth, we shouldn't promote companies to keep selling bad games.

FranceTriRem

Longswordman
Dec 13, 2015
France
I don't get the Realms vs WK conflict that some are trying to push. There is no conflict. Vardamir, the creator of Realms, is a good friend, we've contributed to each other's projects several times. There is no rivalry, because why would there be ? The modding community doesn't have room for that, we just work together to make each of our projects the best they can.

The only reason WK is more played is because it is the official content. No mod will ever get that, even FE back in the day never took off. And it's fine. There are a lot of great mods for AoE2, and as modders when we create one we don't have the hybris to think they will one day become the standard. We just are glad when people play them and enjoy them, and we push ourselves to make it the best experience they can have, not to try to push it on everyone.

I know several mods that would be fascinating to be seen played more often, but you have to accept that not everyone likes mods, and they prefer to stick to official content. And that's fine, everyone should play the game the way they enjoy it.

Last edited:

Australiarobo

Administrator
Staff member
Bronze Supporter
Dec 12, 2011
Australia
www.youtube.com
lets not forget the origin of captains DRaft mode, it was to prevent players picking burmese/malay every single game
Captains mode has been around since early/mid 2015 well before the African Kingdoms mod was being used, let alone WoloKingdoms or MS supported tournaments. You can see the very first tournaments that Pip and I organised using it on this forum in the Captains mode series section.

AustriaDeathcounter

Longswordman
Oct 15, 2017
docs.google.com
Do you know how statistic works ?
I appreciate what you do with realms, I also enjoyed playing it when I tried it but like you act I don’t know if you can be successful.
As i said, the graph is uncorrect, the games propably where just cherry picked. Everyone knows it 50% for all civs, that reddit guy who made this graph propably just made a random graph. Everyone can make one a graph
Here is the right one:
1542905485146.png
I recently let a programm run over voobly database and collected all WK games in the past 1 years, every single game to a max of 999999 games, and here's the result

Feb 16, 2016
Netherlands
www.reddit.com
As i said, the graph is uncorrect, the games propably where just cherry picked. Everyone knows it 50% for all civs, that reddit guy who made this graph propably just made a random graph. Everyone can make one a graph
Here is the right one:
View attachment 160492
I recently let a programm run over voobly database and collected all WK games in the past 1 years, every single game to a max of 999999 games, and here's the result
besides statistics, you dont photoshop very well either 11

GermanyAkeNo

Sep 18, 2016
Voobly
AkeNo
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
There has never been a truly balanced game though.. Especially with this many civs there are bound to be imbalances, however, even if khmer lack the necessary tools to compete in 1v1s they are a top tier pocket civ in teamgames. I mean just looking at a single statistics which is taken from random rated 1v1 games doesn't give you insight how strong a civ can be. It depends on maps, team compositions, team size, etc.. it's so much more. Nobody hated on you or anyone that has played realms - it's just that you're marketing it as the best ever and now try to mock everyone with it by doing the same in your above posts with the Wololokingdoms. At the start there were probably people appreciating your advertising of Realms but as time went by and the more you spammed it everywhere it simply just got annoying for the majority of the people and, even though you've probably been told several times already, you have never stopped and just made it worse and worse for yourself. I don't think there's much more to say because now you're just making a fool out of yourself without the need of anyone else to say anything. You're just dropping to new lows by yourself. You do you.

AustriaDeathcounter

Longswordman
Oct 15, 2017
docs.google.com
If everyother other word out of your mouth wasn't realms people might care about it. The majority of people who would play the mod don't, because of you.
Nono, WK is the only way to go obviously. What is this other mod you talk about?
I hope you already purchased HD expansions

There has never been a truly balanced game though.. Especially with this many civs there are bound to be imbalances, however, even if khmer lack the necessary tools to compete in 1v1s they are a top tier pocket civ in teamgames. I mean just looking at a single statistics which is taken from random rated 1v1 games doesn't give you insight how strong a civ can be. It depends on maps, team compositions, team size, etc.. it's so much more. Nobody hated on you or anyone that has played realms - it's just that you're marketing it as the best ever and now try to mock everyone with it by doing the same in your above posts with the Wololokingdoms. At the start there were probably people appreciating your advertising of Realms but as time went by and the more you spammed it everywhere it simply just got annoying for the majority of the people and, even though you've probably been told several times already, you have never stopped and just made it worse and worse for yourself. I don't think there's much more to say because now you're just making a fool out of yourself without the need of anyone else to say anything. You're just dropping to new lows by yourself. You do you.
Streamers constantly advertise about WK. And its just the right thing to do.
I mean, we just need to keep working on BF, New player lobby or any other map (especially water maps), if we keep hosting WK we can have a 100% WK transition within 5 months. And with the help of big streamers, such as Viper or Daut it will go easily. We just need to convince/wololo those aoc players

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL SE Asia 3v3 Semi Final
Friday 17:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 3v3 Semi Final
DeZu's showmatch $100 TheYo vs Lyx, full 7 games
Saturday 14:00 (GMT +01:00)
TheYo vs Lyx showmatch
Bluewolf Showmatch ($10) Episode 2