AoE history is being written in Hamburg (potential spoilers)

Irelanddooog

Mar 3, 2018
How can it be huge spoilers? In almost every game it is very clear who is winning before gg is called. AoE very very rarely has "clutch" wins and even then the player cam is not always telling.

Also i believe nili said they tried to synch but obs didnt allow for it.

Of course it can be a spoiler. If you "see" the gg on cams just as a big engagement is beginning then you know the player that's trying to catchup lost the fight.

Chilezuviss

Two handed swordman
Mar 14, 2010
Of course it can be a spoiler. If you "see" the gg on cams just as a big engagement is beginning then you know the player that's trying to catchup lost the fight.
I've watched every game from every series and no such thing has happened, usually the player who resigns everyone agrees that he's already dead, also the delay is like 5 secs at most.

It tells you what will happen 5 secs later and you kinda have an idea, but a 'huge spoiler' nah.

Finlandbuhanisson

Longswordman
May 29, 2015
Maybe 1 game in 1000 is so close that it is really a spoiler of any kind, so I wouldnt say its a big problem. But even if it doesnt rly spoil per se, theres unfortunately not much point in webcams when they are 5 seconds out of sync in a game that is so fast paced. You cant really follow player reactions to any events in the game. When the biggest badaboom in the history of aoe happens, the player has already grinned 5 seconds ago.

Switzerlandchrummi

Mar 1, 2018
They tried everything they could to delay the cameras, but it didnt work without delaying the oter cameras too unfortunately.

ItalyLaskerf

Known Member
Nov 9, 2016
Voobly
Laskerf
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Personally I almost never watch the cameras, I read the twitch chat instead. Even then it's a bit annoying that when I want to see a player's reaction to something important, he always has an imperturbable face (like buhanisson said, he already reacted 5 seconds ago and he's focusing again)

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
They tried everything they could to delay the cameras, but it didnt work without delaying the oter cameras too unfortunately.
Technology does so many wonderful things and has so many capabilities, but sometimes it remains a mistery to us

Mar 20, 2015
England
youtube.com
It's possible to remove webcam delay if you play and spectate over LAN (0.5s delay) and not via Voobly(45s delay), but obviously Voobly provides many important things such as the spectator overlay. So it's a choice between one or the other at the moment, and I think most people would agree that the choice of spec overlay is the better one.

FranceTriRem

Longswordman
Dec 13, 2015
France
It's possible to remove webcam delay if you play and spectate over LAN (0.5s delay) and not via Voobly(45s delay), but obviously Voobly provides many important things such as the spectator overlay. So it's a choice between one or the other at the moment, and I think most people would agree that the choice of spec overlay is the better one.
But what if you had both :unsure:

Mar 18, 2018
  • at the End of the day / from the Gecko / to add to Masmoras already mentioned points...

• ... these are not only the most entertaining games, but also skillwise the format seems to push the players even beyond their limits. Highlights are MBLs wins against the viper, which Jordan described rightly as his best plays so far. Viper on the other hand showed in the series against lierey why he is aoc icon. His creativity and comeback qualities are unmatched so far (especally in the one game he lost). Lierey going strong, consistend and calm as always!

• ... Mbl, Lierey and Viper all have an equal change for 1st place! Cant remember the last time, this seemed possible.

Irelanddooog

Mar 3, 2018
I've watched every game from every series and no such thing has happened, usually the player who resigns everyone agrees that he's already dead, also the delay is like 5 secs at most.

It tells you what will happen 5 secs later and you kinda have an idea, but a 'huge spoiler' nah.
Is like 5 to 10 secs max, we are not talking minutes here 11
11 Personally I don't have a problem with it. It's only like 10 seconds. It's definitely spoilerish, but not a big deal though.

The only thing i'd say a complete sync would really improve is when like a big mango hit on crossbows or something like Viper killing Liereyy's dock with scout or whatever, so you can see the players' reactions in real time.

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
Itwould have been great to actually watch a bit of tatoh against mbl today. they might be amazing games, but the 80% trolling casting was too much IMO, kappa.

I get the fun casting, I like the fun casting, but it was unwatchable most of the time.
Interesting, I had a very different perception. For me that was one of the best casts, together with Memb Jordan and MbL Lierryy. Loved the series

GermanyToom03

May 30, 2015
cast? you cant even name it casting tbh. They almost never talked about the game. In terms of what was going on you had to figure out everything by yourself :/

Mar 26, 2018
can someone explain me what is the context of bbq GECKO? what does it means, what is the context of this word that is used so many times?

PortugalMaSmOrRa

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2012
can someone explain me what is the context of bbq GECKO? what does it means, what is the context of this word that is used so many times?
Unless I'm missing something, what Turkman actually says is "from the get go", which means something like "from the beginning".

The gecko thing is just chat being "funny", cause "get go" sounds a bit like "gecko".

Mar 26, 2018
Unless I'm missing something, what Turkman actually says is "from the get go", which means something like "from the beginning".

The gecko thing is just chat being "funny", cause "get go" sounds a bit like "gecko".
yes in Turkman mouth its actually sounds exactly like gecko... but from the get go has more sence, thanks for explanation!

AustraliaTurkman

Dec 27, 2011
Australia
www.youtube.com
yes in Turkman mouth its actually sounds exactly like gecko... but from the get go has more sence, thanks for explanation!
Welcome to the Australian syntax, a drunkenly slurred development of the English language.

Bonus Points - Now have a podcast name should I ever need it 'From the Gecko'.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018
The Daut fire cast was great for the most part. It's nice to have a bit of variety even if their trollery was a bit excessive at times. It's not like the result was ever in doubt and the main points of the games were covered. Good time to put them up for the European late stream too. Nothing beats the player/caster combination though as you get expert knowledge paired with great commentary.

Feb 13, 2019
I agree with some here. The amateurish drunken casting by some of the players pretty much killed it for me. The organizer is obviously OK with it, so, Good luck, but, I am out of following and watching.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final
Saturday 11:30 (GMT +01:00)
new Chapter vs Australia
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16
Saturday 15:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16
Improvement Cup 3v3 WB Final