Brohio and I are pleased to announce the SBARRO tournament, a 6-player tournament with points given for each win dependent on the strength of the civilization. SBARRO stands for Scoring Based on Acceptable Risk Reward Optimization. The tournament will occur in two phases.
04 April – Rounds 1 & 2 (6 games)
11 April – Round 3 & 4 (6 games)
18 April – Round 5 (3 games)
18 April - Live Draft with all 6 Players
23 April – Tournament Round 1
24 April – Tournament Semifinals
25 April - Finals
Phase 1: Seeding
All 6 players will play 5 matches (all on Arabia) in a round-robin. Points will be awarded for a win depending on the strength of the civilization. The worse the civ, the more points awarded. No civilization repeats by the same player. No points are awarded for a loss. Phase 1 final points determine the rankings for Phase 2, and the winner of Phase 1 will earn 20% of the prize pool.
1) Head to head result.
2) Sum of All Civ Selected Points (regardless of win or loss)
3) Lexicographic - Highest bet civs in order (5-5-3-2-1 beats 5-4-4-2-1)
Phase 2: Single-Elimination Tournament
Phase 2 starts with a civ draft for all. The civ draft will consist of all players in a “snake” format with all 35 civs (the player who picks their 1st civ last, picks their 2nd civ before anyone else). There are no repeats. After the draft, each tournament round will consist of a BO5 using the 5 civs that each player drafted. Up to 5 civilizations may be banned by admins depending on balance patches. Competitors will need to prioritize and adapt civs to the maps. Each player picks 2 home maps out of the map pool. The first and last map of the set will be Arabia.
- Inc (USA)
- Ganji (Sweden)
- Dragonstar (India)
- Sitaux (France)
- Kamigawa (Italy)
- Obadiah (Canada)
1st place will earn 60% of the prize pool. 2nd place will earn 20% of the prize pool.
- There are no restarts in phase 1. Phase 2 has one restart per set prior to 4:47 minutes game time. Standard Admin restarts rules apply.
- Hidden Civs must be picked.
- Players may not steal enemy boars with their scout, nor lame straggler trees (around TC). “Wall cutting” a tree is allowed.
- Casting is not allowed for Phase 1, since we will be casting recorded games. Open casting for the civ draft which will occur on my discord: http://discord.gg/NNkexxB Open casting for Phase 2 as well, with a provided logo placed somewhere on the screen. Brohio and I will be co-casting all games on my twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/collllllllllllin Contact me if you would like to join us to co-cast a game.
Obviously placing top 2 in Phase 1 gives you a huge advantage. Will we see a full-yolo civ pick from the start of week 1? Will players take the middle ground and go for 3-point civs? Can 1st place hold their position through all 5 weeks?
Current Map Pool: