I just wanted to drop by and say hello. My name is Niklas and I used to be a Starcraft II player named Honor. Back in the days I launched a Twitch channel, which now is one of the more established Twitch channels in Germany: https://www.twitch.tv/bonjwa.
I have never played any part of the Age of Empires Series before the release of AoE II: DE. But as soon as I started playing in November, I have fallen deeply in love with the game. I have just reached 1300 MMR in the solo ranking and am still astonished by the many different layers the game has to offer.
Long story short: After doing many esports tournaments in the past (mostly Starcraft II) I am currently launching the first AoE II: DE tournament on our channel. The 3.100,73 € prizepool is crowdfunded by our viewers, who are also really enjoying the game. Currently I am working on the player line-up for the eight invite slots. If you are interested, I will use this thread to update the line-up and the match dates.
Thanks for the overwhelmingly warm welcome. That was really surprising ^^. I will update this thread at the end of the week and will try to answer some of your questions aswell.
Bonjwa Fight Night Club
Small online tournament with eight invited players. Prizepool is completely crowdfunded by the Bonjwa community. Tournament coverage will be provided in German by Bonjwa with host Niklas “Honor” Behrens (https://www.twitch.tv/bonjwa).
First person player streams are allowed. Tournament may be streamed in other languages, but you have to contact me and ask.
- The eight invited players will be assigned to two groups with four players each
- In group phase every player has to face every other player
- The winners of each group meet in the overall finals
- All group matches are played on three different maps. Thus a match can end 2-1 or 3-0. Players are ranked by win/loss ratio.
- Grand Finals will be played in bo5 mode.
- 13 matches in total
- Tournament will be played out through several weeks
- Tournament format showcased (last Bonjwa Fight Night Club in Starcraft II with bo7 matches): https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Bonjwa_Fight_Night_Club/2
- 3.100,73 € prize pool crowdfunded by the Bonjwa community
- 1400,73 € for the winner
- 700 € for runner-up
- 400 € for runner-up in each group
- 100 € for third place in each group
- Prize money will be paid out after the whole tournament is finished
- Group A
- TheViper 3/0
- Daut 2/1
- Villese 1/2
- LaaaaaN 0/3
- Group B
- Hera 2/1
- TaToH 1/2
- Nicov 0/0
- Nili 0/0
- Feb 5th | 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm CET | TheViper vs LaaaaaN
- Feb 6th | 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm CET | Villese vs Daut
- Feb 12th | 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm CET | Hera vs TaToH
- Feb 13th | 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm CET | Nicov vs Nili
- Feb 19th | 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm CET | TheViper vs Villese
- Feb 20th | 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm CET | LaaaaaN vs Daut
- Feb 26th | 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm CET | Hera vs Nicov
- Feb 27th | 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm CET | TaToH vs Nili
- Mar 4th | 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm CET | TheViper vs Daut
- Mar 5th | 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm CET | LaaaaaN vs Villese
- Mar 11th | 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm CET | Hera vs Nili
- Mar 12th | 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm CET | TaToH vs Nicov
- Mar 18th | 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm CET | Grand Finals
- Gold Rush
- Mega Random
During group stage all three maps will be drawn at random right before the match.
After the three maps of a group match are drawn the pick and ban phase starts. A coin flip decides which player starts with the first ban. Ban and picking order:
- Player A bans the first civ
- Player B bans the second civ
- Player B bans the third civ
- Player A bans the fourth civ
- Player B picks his first civ
- Player A picks his first civ
- Player A picks his second civ
- Player B picks his second civ
- Player B bans the fifth civ
- Player A bans the sixth civ
- Player A bans the seventh civ
- Player B bans the eighth civ
- Player A picks his third civ
- Player B picks his third civ
- Player B picks his fourth civ
- Player A picks his fourth civ
You can stream the event in any language except German without my permission.