Dear AoE 2 community, this topic (Nations Cup Waiting Room) has hurt me a lot. In summer 2020, I already tried to give the community something similar with the 2020 AOElympics while waiting. Many of us believed the follow-up of the great 2017 Nations Cup would come soon, in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022... But it never came.
Therefore, I am offering you my approach. I will organise the 2023 4v4 Nations Cup, starting in around 5 weeks. Registration will be open until Saturday, January 28, 20 GMT. The qualification stage will begin in the following week.
This will be a tournament for fun and prestige. However, if anyone wants to contribute to a prize pool, you can do so via the tournament's Matcherino page: https://matcherino.com/t/nc23 where you also can see the current donation sum at all times.
The exact rules and settings will follow soon, but some important key points are:
- The main event will consist of a group stage (8x4 teams) and a double-elimination knockout stage.
- Max. 4 teams from one nation can enter the main event.
- Teams consist of 4-10 players, substition and addition of backup players will be possible at certain stages of the tournament.
- When a team registers, they have to give list of up to 5 maps which they want to have in the tournament. The maps with the most points will be added to the map pool. So you decide a part of the map pool!
- How exactly the qualifying phase works will depend on the number of registered teams; more about that later.
- A Silver League for teams that don't qualify for the 32-team group stage will happen, if we have enough interested teams.
Any questions and discussion, as well as the registration can start on the 2023 Nations Cup Discord now: https://discord.gg/5fBkzfqHhb
Everybody is welcome!